Pipes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MatthewZS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Pipeyeti is quite a "pipeist".

Kurt (pipecrafter) is a GREAT source for info on Ebonite--he uses it frequently in his pipes.

MatthewZS

I ask for two reasons. I've often wanted to learn how myself, but more immediately I've got a Bjarne freehand on which the stem is broken. It was broken on the stumel end so with a dremel and some patience I cut it down so it functions but it turned a rather majestic pipe into a nosewarmer. I'd love to be able to get some acrylic and turn my own replacement (or at least try) before I go shipping my pipe back to denmark. I'll drop these individuals a PM and see if I can get some info. Thank you:)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You'd be better off asking them if they can do it or recommend a person--you don't learn pipemaking in 15 minutes or less.

Both Kurt and Larry are very well respected in the pipemaking community (Yes, I did attend their "convention" two years ago--Larry was a featured speaker)

MatthewZS

No no, make no mistake.... I'd let it stay busted till I'd learned something more than 15 minutes... and I just thought I'd take a crack at making a NEW stem, leaving the existing pipe just as it is.

Since you mention it tho, and while I'm thinking about it if anyone that does pipemaking would like to take the challenge or if you know someone to recommend, I've no issues paying for the repair or trading or bartering or ... well, I don't do windows, other than that...... :)

Attachments

• bjarne.jpg
    bjarne.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Top Bottom