picture puzzles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sjhuse

sjhuse

Saw this post for other things we make and just thought I would share. I have just started turning (just made one pen so far and love it!) but I've been playing with my scroll saw for a while now. I also love photography so I put the two together to make custom photo puzzles (sometimes I use birthday or christmas cards as well).

sherry

Attachments

• upload 008.jpg
    upload 008.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 149
  • upload 131cactus.jpg
    upload 131cactus.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 127
  • upload IMG_0930.jpg
    upload IMG_0930.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 97
  • upload IMG_0931.jpg
    upload IMG_0931.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 109
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sjhuse

I put the picture on the wood, cut to size and use my scroll saw to free hand cut the pieces. The only time the pieces don't fit are on the occasion that the blade isn't straight (maybe it gets dull?), you can still put them together you just may have to put the piece in through the back instead of the front.

Sometimes I make them for our son's baseball team as thier "trophy" at the end of the year - the kids always love them.

W.Y.

Real nice puzzle cutting.

Looks like you are enjoying cutting those out as much as I did back when I made a bunch of them.
They make nice gifts especially when cutting photgraphs of relatives and give them to them in pieces and see their faces light up after they have put them together . .
I glued them onto either 1/8" or 1/4" baltic birch plywood or poplar plywood. Poplar was the easiest to cut.

Top Bottom