Pheasant Sierra *UPDATE!*

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgibb42

bgibb42

Made this over the weekend. One of JohnU's pheasant blanks. I love this blank, it's gorgeous. Wrapped around a Gold/Black Titanium Sierra. Sanded to 12,000 MM, stopping the lathe after every grit to sand straight back and forth on the blank to remove the radial scratches. A little extra work, but worth it. When you look at this pen, it's like looking through a window at the feather and deserved to be treated as such. On a side note, these are my best photos yet, but I still didn't pick up as much detail as I would like. Comments or criticisms, please!:)

Edit: I added the last photo. This is as close as I can get to the true colors of this pen.

Attachments

• Pheasant Sierra 019.jpg
    Pheasant Sierra 019.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Pheasant Sierra 020.jpg
    Pheasant Sierra 020.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Pheasant Sierra 021.jpg
    Pheasant Sierra 021.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Pheasant Sierra 024.jpg
    Pheasant Sierra 024.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Group 1 017.jpg
    Group 1 017.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
It looks great. I LOVE these blanks. You've got a nice finish, too.

John made some for me on the Squire tubes. feathers and a pimp stone. :tongue:
But people love them.. no question about it.

Steve Busey

I love those pheasant pens!

Sanded to 12,000 MM, stopping the lathe after every grit to sand straight back and forth on the blank to remove the radial scratches.

When I sand thru all the grits, and I never have to stop to clear radial scratches - what speed are you using for MM sanding? I crank down to around 800-1000rpm. Then I crank it back up to 2000 for the final polish.

JohnU

Looks Great Brian! Ive had the same problem with photos. Its hard to show those feathers unless you use a flash and that puts a shine on the resin. Nice job!

Top Bottom