Personal Code Ink - What will they think of next

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Montblanc's Personal Code Ink Prevents Fraud

by Rigel Celeste (RSS feed) Apr 12th 2010 at 3:01PM

Montblanc has long been an icon of luxury in the writing world and that tradition continues as they plan to release a new kind of cutting edge ink. Personal Code Ink contains a special botanical ingredient that gives it a unique DNA code of sorts that can be identified and linked to its specific owner. Each ink is unique and impossible to duplicate, being heralded as unique as a fingerprint and inspiring the slogan "Only one person will own this ink -- you." Each Personal Code Ink set comes in a wooden box finished with black lacquer and includes a felt-tipped Meisterstück Signature Pen, a rollerball Meisterstück Solitaire Barley, and ten ink cartridge refills for months and years of forgery-safe writing.

In the event of signature or other handwriting dispute Montblanc with use forensics to authenticate whether Personal Code Ink was used and if so by whom. Look for Personal Code Ink in Montblanc boutiques worldwide starting May 2010.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

wow, what will they think of next (or sue:tongue:)...writing in blood maybe :confused: from what I read it's kinda like tracing a bullet back to the gun that fired it...well thats great and everything, but it won't tell you who pulled the trigger! same with this ink. It looks like it'll only trace back to the pen used, NOT the user. So this forgery prevention thing seems to have a nice sized loophole unless there's something I'm not seeing.

ashaw

I have a customer who is a top lawyer in Washington. He only deals in multi-million dollar accounts. He has his blood drawn three times a year and is mixed with a special ink. He has been doing this for at least 10 years now. The ink costs $$$$. Because he deals in such large contracts he can have the sig tested to see if it is his own. Believe or not in the ten years he had to have it tested 20 times and found 5 forged sigs.

Mark

If that is what MB is planning, I'd veto myself. Just a big can of worms IMHO.

So the pen is lost/stolen, and someone writes a bad check with it. How many forged/stolen checks could be signed with a ten year supply of ink? It's like a fingerprint, that anyone can use. Pointing back to me, forever.....

Jgrden

I have a customer who is a top lawyer in Washington. He only deals in multi-million dollar accounts. He has his blood drawn three times a year and is mixed with a special ink. He has been doing this for at least 10 years now. The ink costs $$$$. Because he deals in such large contracts he can have the sig tested to see if it is his own. Believe or not in the ten years he had to have it tested 20 times and found 5 forged sigs.
Amazing

Parson

I guess you have to reinvent yourself when the competition gets fierce.

I'm betting that more than a few wealthy people will take MB up on this offer.

Top Bottom