Just stopped by

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
Hello all.

I had a minute, so I thought I would stop in.

Not sure if anyone here would be interested, but I will have a source for ebonite rod in approx. 20 - 25 colors. We are going to start using it where I work and my boss said I could piggy-back an order or maybe I will be able to order direct. The rep. is coming in for a meeting in a couple weeks, so I will get to talk to them then and get sizes, colors, and pricing.
My boss gave me a rod that is about an inch in diameter and 16 inches long or so. It is unvulcanized though, but we have several autoclaves at work, so I have a guy doing a piece for me. It won't be ready until Monday.
I will let anyone that is interested know about the items mentioned above.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rsmith

Not sure what ebonite is, or what unvulcanized is or what autoclaves do but I think I might be interested.

Haha, thats kinda funny:biggrin:. You made a good choice being interested, even if you aren't sure...it's beautiful and worth every penny:good:

DozerMite

Banned
Wow, I didn't realize there was that much interest in ebonite.

What colors would be best?
I remember...
Red/Black
Orange/Black
Blue/Black
Green/Black
Yellow?/Black
Solid Black
Two-tone Brown(this is what I have)
a Periwinkle color

That's all I remember off the top of my head. Are these favorable?
I will check on custom mixes as well to see if it's possible.

I will post a new thread with all the info. as soon as I speak with the rep.

DurocShark

Off the top of my head, solid black followed by blue/black and green black. The browns and periwinkle I'd have to see...

jskeen

I'm curious, working on interested depending on price, color, workability, ect. Initially i'm a little concerned about it being unvulcanized. You mention that it is used at work, is the process you use to vulcanize it something they have done a lot, and have good history and qc on, or something new they are just trying to figure out? Not trying to sound negative, but this stuff is usually pretty expensive, and I'd hate to find out after buying that it's not fully hardened, won't hold a finish, ect.

DozerMite

Banned
The stuff I would be getting is already vulcanized just like any of the other stuff you would find on here or elsewhere. The company I work for wants it unvulcanized for their purpose and they have been in business for 91 years, so yeah, I guess they have experience and a long standing.
The stuff wouldn't be of any value to any of us if it's not vulcanized, it's very pliable and soft.
I know from seeing it, that it's rather expensive. That's why I'm hoping that going through the company, I can get a better price.
I've had several vendors contact me, so maybe, even if it's too costly for me to purchase it, it could be available through some of the known places.
I will post all the information when I get it.

Top Bottom