Pen Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Katsin

Katsin

Here is a pen stand I made. I wish I had started with something white to turn as spray paint just doesn't make a great finish.

stand01b.jpg

stand01a.jpg

Last edited:

cnccutter

Great Idea. maybe you could pick up some Corian from your local counter top guy and use that. they always have scraps. I have the one near me trained to keep it for me and I give him a pen once in a while as trade. you'd have to laminate it to get the thickness you have, but that's easy.

Erik

Katsin

Thanks for the suggestion CNC. I love the pen stands I've seen you create so I may be inquiring of your services soon!

KenV

You need to finish the finish -- you need to fill the surface and make as smooth a possible before paint is applied. Think of the surface on a sheet of MDF and one notch better. The grain of the wood is showing through.

I often use Bondo as a filler sealer that will sand to a smooth clean surface - and if you are using an open grained wood, doing that before the final shear scrape or skew cuts helps get a perfect surface needed for a quality paint surface.

That should cleanup well and then think about how an airbrush might be used to highlight the shape.

Top Bottom