Pen Press Recomendations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

anamcara39

Greetings from Long Beach Ca! New to Pen making and would appreciate some suggestions as to which Pen Press to buy. Getting frustrated reading the negative reviews on the ones Ive seen so far.

Please help!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

Welcome! I was born in Long Beach and grew up in Pedro.
Is Joe Jost's still there on Anaheim St.? I used to go there to drink beer and shoot pool, loved their Polish sausage sandwiches and pickled eggs.

h0race

I made an attachment for my drill press. I took about an inch and a half of UHMW 1 1/2" round stock, drilled a hole just deep enough to thread a bolt in one end of it... Cut the head off the bolt and cleaned it up... Then I faced the working surface on my metal lathe for a clean look.

When its time to assemble, I chuck my homemade tool up in my drill press and place some hard (non metal) material on the drill press table and use this as my pen press.

I even have die's to hold the nibs so they don't get driven into either surface when pressing.

I call this one of my finer moments of NW hillbilly engineering.

h0race

I originally set out to make a standalone pen press but found I like the control that I get from putting it in my drill press and using it this way.

Attachments

• Ppress1.jpg
    Ppress1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 158
  • Ppress2.jpg
    Ppress2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 168
Top Bottom