Pen Mill Group Buy (As Promised)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMcM1956

I have the same problem with the Woodcraft set, and have to use a reamer on the tube after trimming the blank :frown:. Plus the shaft has a flat on the section that goes into the drill that has to lined up just right to keep it properly in the chuck :mad:. I've only used it a few times and went back to using my old dedicated 7mm. I think it's going back to Woodcraft after Daniel delivers....

Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

If I can get a video camera together I am thinking of doing a video tutorial on how to sharpen these things. I have seen a lot of comments that at these prices people are just throwing them out when they get dull. but the way to sharpen them is actually very easy just hard to explain. I think a video would do the trick.
Anyone with a camera want to visit me in Reno? My sweet heart is a better cook than I am a woodworker !!!

Daniel

Mike, that problem is caused by having a 7mm pilot in a 7mm tube. Which is still true with my pilots. there is a gap between the head and the pilot that allows the tube to fit into so it does not get trimmed. my solution is to watch very carefully and stop just shy of the tube when trimming blanks with 7mm tubes. any other combo of tube and pilot will have cutting edge over the tube also. hope that makes since at any rate the problem is only with 7mm tube kits and I agree is a big pain.

Daniel

OK final update so please let this thread die off. pen mills arrived Yesterday all packages in one piece but I have not had tome to inspect the individual pieces yet. i will be packing them up and mailing them out in the next couple of days.
thank you everyone. Not only for your patience but also for having gotten so good at working with the group buy. everyone has become much better about including all info that is needed with payment and that sort of thing. It really does make my part much easier and it is appreciated.
well enough jabbering I am sure all of you would rather i was packing orders anyway.

Daniel

Well there had to be a problem. so now there is a n update to my final update. This is no big deal for most of the orders. Might be for some. None of the small hex/Allen Wrenches where included in the order. i have contacted Vera and the problem is being solved but still it could delay mailing orders by a few days at best a few weeks at worst.

Anyone that has ordered a pen mill set has a wrench in that set. So will go ahead and mail all orders that have sets in them including extra heads without the extra wrenches. if this is a problem please pm or e-mail me to get everything resolved. Basically I don't think it is worth holding up every order over a little detail like this. most of the extra wrenches will be thrown in the trash anyway.

For those that only have heads ordered. I have a small number of these wrenches laying around my shop so will fill as many orders as I can from that with one wrench included regardless of how many heads where ordered.

Finally for any orders that ore heads only and I cannot include at least one wrench. Those orders will have to be held until I can get replacement orders.

Please understand that if you really want or need a wrench for every head you ordered, please let me know. I will get them to you as soon as I have them. I just don't think I should hold up every order int he group buy for another week or even more over the wrenches and i accept the cot and what not of having to mail wrenches separately if needed later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom