Pen Kit Search Engine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I found this link over in the Pen Turning Facebook page.

A member of that fb group created a crawler that searches a number of supplier web sites several times per day to create a database of available pen kits and supplies.

It's a work in progress & he promises to add more suppliers & features, but it's already quite good.

You can search by kit name or product description - such as "Texas Flag Blanks".

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ccccchunt

It's a really neat program. Would be nice if you could filter out things like bushings and tubes to reduce the return count. Maybe in an update! It will surely grow as he adds new vendors.

jttheclockman

I found this link over in the Pen Turning Facebook page.

A member of that fb group created a crawler that searches a number of supplier web sites several times per day to create a database of available pen kits and supplies.

It's a work in progress & he promises to add more suppliers & features, but it's already quite good.

You can search by kit name or product description - such as "Texas Flag Blanks".
Wow that is very good and alot of work has gone into that already too. Is he or she a member here? If not can we invite them and would they mind we link this to our library?? Somehow we need to keep this resource alive here. FB has a tendency to lose sites and unless you bookmark or something over there it is hard to find again. Thanks Edgar.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I don't get any results at all. Not even when I type pen Does it work in europe?
It should - enter pen in the search field & click on the magnifier icon. I get over 8,000 results.

He currently has 13 US suppliers & 1 Canadian supplier in the list, but the default is to check all of those for your search terms.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Wow that is very good and alot of work has gone into that already too. Is he or she a member here? If not can we invite them and would they mind we link this to our library?? Somehow we need to keep this resource alive here. FB has a tendency to lose sites and unless you bookmark or something over there it is hard to find again. Thanks Edgar.
I don't believe he's a member. I'll send him an invite, but we can link anything we want in our library.

Top Bottom