Pen for President Bush

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ribanett

ribanett

These are two pens I made to be presented to President Bush and General O'Dell by our Parish President ( in LA we do not have counties, we call them parishes). The pens are made from spent rifle cartridges returned from Iraq. Ken did a wonderful job engraving the pen boxes. I have a new camera (or as LOML calls it "ANOTHER NEW TOY"), still learning how to use it. Comments please.

Attachments

• GW Bush Inside Box.jpg
    GW Bush Inside Box.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 451
  • GW Bush Outside Box.jpg
    GW Bush Outside Box.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 439
  • Odell Inside Box.jpg
    Odell Inside Box.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 288
  • Odell Outside Box.jpg
    Odell Outside Box.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Larry

Can't comment on the photography for I am camera challenged. But the idea and the pens look great. What is the story behind the presentation??? Why are you doing this??? Where are these being presented??? Thanks for sharing. By the way what camera did you get???

Daniel

Very nice, Are you including any explanation of the brass? Could barely make out the inscription inside the lid of box two or I was sending you back to your camera.
I was watching a show on the White house last night and President Bush does have his office full of these sort of mementos.

Rick_G

Nice Larry I copied and blew up the picture in paint shop pro and was able to read the inscription. I like the spent brass from Iraq idea. I know a couple guys in Afghanistan will have to see if they can send some brass back to me for the same thing.

ribanett

Thanks for the comments

Thanks for the comments

jttheclockman:
The Presindent of Jefferson Parish asked me to make the pens. He is going to give them to President Bush and Marine General Douglas O'Dell for their help in the recovery effort after the hurricanes that hit our area.

Daniel:
There is a line in the inscription stating the brass has been returned from Iraq.

Rick G:
The idea for making the pens out of spent mil bass came from LOML. She said I should make some pens from the brass a friend brought back from Iraq about six months ago. I made ten and gave our friend four of them. About a month later, I was in a MacD near the Navel Air Station here in New Orleans, eating and three Marines came in. I asked them if they had been to Iraq, they said no, but they had been to Afghanistan. When I got in my car, I was getting some papers out of the glovebox and saw four pens I had made. I went back inside and gave a pen to each Marine with thanks for their service, telling them that the pens were made from returned Iraq brass. I tell you, your heart will sink when you see three Marines cry. When I can get the brass, I always carry some pens in my car to give and so does LOML.

jttheclockman

Larry

Thanks for answering the questions and thanks for doing what you are doing. It is great and the work is great also. I am sure all items were and will be cherished. Thanks again.

Top Bottom