Pen fillers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Say, these fillers that replicate Cross don't want to start writing the instant you put the point to the paper. Are any of you replacing or upgrading the ink refills in your pens?? I am thinking about buying some Cross refills so that they write better. Once in a while I will pick the pen up to write and it will not start until you run it across paper hard and frequently.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

That's the nature of a ballpoint. The Parker style refills are better. Rollerballs will start as soon as they touch the paper because the viscosity of the ink is much lower than that of ballpoints.

Pressurized ballpoint refills are very close in performance to rollerballs.

hewunch

some need either moisture or heat. I always lick my thumb and write where I licked, then it works 99x out of 100

bitshird

I just include a liquid silk refill with any pen I sell that uses a cross refill, usually once you get the sealer off the ball even the kit refills write OK but the liquid silks write like a gel (close to a roller ball)

Jgrden

I just include a liquid silk refill with any pen I sell that uses a cross refill, usually once you get the sealer off the ball even the kit refills write OK but the liquid silks write like a gel (close to a roller ball)

What is "liquid silk" refill ??? This sounds like something I should be doing.

Jgrden

Perhaps this is obvious, but some of the refills have a small plastic seal on the point when they are sold that has to be removed prior to use.

lol lol remnds me of a lady who bought one for her husband and called because it would not write. You know the rest of the story. She drove it to my shop so I could remove the little black dot.

Jgrden

That's the nature of a ballpoint. The Parker style refills are better. Rollerballs will start as soon as they touch the paper because the viscosity of the ink is much lower than that of ballpoints.

Pressurized ballpoint refills are very close in performance to rollerballs.

Thank you Stan. Ever been called "Stosh"?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Perhaps this is obvious, but some of the refills have a small plastic seal on the point when they are sold that has to be removed prior to use.

All the cigar refills I have used have that. I can't tell you how MANY times people have taken one from my "pallette", then tried to write with it, only to tell me it "looks more like a crayon".

I have always resisted the temptation to tell them to give it to a five year old, for adjustment!!

Top Bottom