Only In Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

nevermind

Come on tell us the story. That is one big pig. I got the pict. off the film strip on the top of the page.

1_pig.jpg

Chief Hill

Ya know I just watch an interesting TV show on Discovery about wild Boars. Its seems like the biggest ones are in Russia. But for some reason the ones in North America are getting bigger as well.
Regardless. I would LOVE to hunt them. IMHO Wild Boar is an animal made just for shooting for sure. Also that would be some GOOOD EATEN......
Where is the pic of the rifle? You have to show the rifle in a pic like this.

dogcatcher

This hog has been around since the first of the year. Claimed to be from just about every southern state from Texas to Florida. Usually Louisiana or Alabama. This link has a similar photo http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enUS330US331&sa=N&start=108&um=1 Claiming Turkey and then Louisiana?

A bunch of photo shop hogs showed up after the kid in Alabama killed the one that weighed in at about 1000 pounds. Then it was discovered that the so called wild hog was pen raised.

Rjones

According to the info I recieved this was killed around Conroe Tx. Weighed around 1800lbs. Dont know if it is true but.

bitshird

Ya know I just watch an interesting TV show on Discovery about wild Boars. Its seems like the biggest ones are in Russia. But for some reason the ones in North America are getting bigger as well.
Regardless. I would LOVE to hunt them. IMHO Wild Boar is an animal made just for shooting for sure. Also that would be some GOOOD EATEN......
Where is the pic of the rifle? You have to show the rifle in a pic like this.

But in all sense of fairness you should use a Flintlock, I hunted some in Texas, with a 54 Cal. Flintlock with a 42 inch barrel, I didn't consider it cheating that I had a Colt 1911 in my holster, them feral hogs is a tough one to kill, had one come about 60 or 80 feet before he dropped, was just about ready to grab the Colt. And they are decent eating, mostly be3cause of their diet, not as tasty as a good home raised hog, but sure are a good adrenalin rush.

Texatdurango

According to the info I recieved this was killed around Conroe Tx. Weighed around 1800lbs. Dont know if it is true but.

You should look at the link in dogcatchers post above yours. It shows the exact same photo you have, and these photos have made the rounds.

One story suggests it originated in Turkey and looking at the individuals, they do have that Mediterranean look rather than a couple of good ole Texas boys!

Top Bottom