Pen case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from theturningcircle

Winchester, Hampshire. SO22 5LB, United Kingdom.
I spent an enjoyable morning making a pen case just for the fun and challenge.The idea is not new but I adapted it for an Americana ball point. The body is from English Box with Bubinga finials. The most difficult part was lining the pen compartment with velvet.
The pen is from purple dyed stabilized BEB.
Comments always welcome.
Ian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tea Clipper

That is very creative, Ian, I like it. There is a product in the states called Suede-Tex that would make the velvet lining easier to do. Basically, you 'paint' an area with the special adhesive and then sprinkle on the fibers. The result is a very professional looking velvet lining. Hopefully you can get Suede-Tex or something similar in the UK.

DocStram

Originally posted by PAPATURNER

Ian, that is very nice.....You did an outstanding job.
I`m going to give that a shot myself.

Ya know, Perry .... it's too bad you live just a little too far from Macon. Something tells me it would be a lot of fun putting our heads together and making a few of our own design. :D

VisExp

I've seen something like that done for a long stem goblet. Great idea for a pen and you did an amazing job with it. It reminds me of a scroll rolled up, which is fitting considering the contents. Very nice work.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jared, I can answer that as I had the pleasure of seeing it for real.:D
It's completely round, just like an ancient scroll. It's as silky smooth on the inside as it is on the outside. Beautifully made.

It does however not compare to Ian's other work. We had some very talented woodsmiths at our recent meet up and all where simply blown away by the incredible craftmanship that Ian has produced.[}:)]

M

Mudder

Impressive.

That has got to be the best pen box that I have seen.

That's one to be proud of.

Top Bottom