Pen Care / Info cards??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JoeOCNJ

Has anyone taken the time to print out cards for pens they sell listing the wood type and any other kind of information to go along with the pen. I was just thinking that being new I don't remember a lot of the wood names and such, and im always making notes to remember what's what, why not make some sort of info card for the wood type used, and what (if any) would you suggest for basic pen care using a CA glue finish? just damn water to clean if it got dirty??

if you have ever done any of this and can send me samples so i have something to work off that would be awesome, if not ill work on it from scratch, just not sure what info to put

Thanks again!
Joe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

I have a layout on the back of my business cards that allow me to put the type of material, component(kit) name & plating, refill type, and a line for someone to write a brief note on for the recipient if it was purchased as a gift. Also, all the information is written with the pen it was intended for.

papaturner

Not too fancy but this is what I use.

Attachments

• back.JPG
    back.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 299
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 217

arioux

I have a word template, that print on 8 1/2 x 11 busines card predie stock, with on one side description and specification of the wood and on the back instruction for caring of the pen. Darkside (there is always a dark side;) it is in french.

I can translate one and send it to you if you want, just PM me your email

Last edited:

Rangertrek

I do a business card for the pen, with details about the pen, plating, refill, etc. It it is a wood pen, I also have a card with the wood info, species name, country of origin, other uses, etc.

randyrls

I include THREE cards with my pens. One is my personal card, One is material and care of the pen, One is mechanism... How to use and replace the ink cartridge.

This makes it easier as I don't need to do separate cards for a Majestic in Cocobolo, Acrylic, Trustone,

AKPenTurner

I just print out the info on a business card-sized paper. I also usually number the pens to go with the cards. For example:

#13 - $40.00
Cigar Twist Pen
ALASKAN MOOSE ANTLER
Made by Silas Firth.
The gold plating on this pen has cobalt and
palladium added to it for increased durability.
This pen uses a Parker style refill. To replace
the refill, simply unscrew the cap of the pen.

I've used different layouts, and more recently, I've started going with something like this:

Style: Cigar Twist Pen
Material: Alaskan Moose Antler
Refill: Parker refill
Plating: Gold plating

etc..

JoeOCNJ

I like the ideas, I don't have business cards so I might just shoot for a generic card like Perry's business cards and hand write what info. Thanks again for the info guys (and gals) once again great advice ;)

bradh

I get address labels made up with spots to fill in for the pen #, type, wood, plating,and refill.
I also include a small printed sheet with info on the wood, another on pen care, and a basic fountain pen use slip if it is a fountain pen. The wood info and pen care information is the same info posted on my web site.
Here is the address-label sticker for the bottom of the pen box, I get them done online through Vista Print:

Attachments

• vistaprint-label.jpg
    vistaprint-label.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 195

hewunch

I have a card with pen care info on it. At the top it says "Your pen uses this style of refill" and I write it in. The only style I send instructions on how to change the pen is a sierra style pen.

broitblat

I generally include a short description on a business card sized insert. One of the stores I work with want a smaller tag, so I fold the business card in half and print the info on the inside and my name/logo on the outside.

-Barry

Dave Turner

For my limited sales, I print out a full 8x10 sheet of paper. Under my business logo I print a large color photo of their actual pen. Under the picture is a description of the pen, body material, finish, and plating. If wood, I include a short blurb about the wood. Next paragraph is about the refill / mechanism and how to change it plus pen care instructions. Final paragraph is satisfaction guarantee and warranty. I find people really appreciative of the info.

Top Bottom