Pen blank squaring jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

I use the disc sander on the Shopsmith. I installed another nut on the 1/4" bolt. This gets snugged up against the blank. That way when I advance the disc to the blank it doesn't slid back exposing the bolt.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Ray; That is an excellent design for a squaring jig. I will definitely have to make one!

I like the vertical part. I once had a similar jig without the vertical piece get sucked into the table and almost pulled my fingers into the sanding disc. I pushed on the blank too hard.:frown: Fortunately, I was far enough back to keep my pinkies off the sandpaper. Sometimes I have used a similar jig on the "up-sweep" side of the disc to keep my pinkies out of harms way.

lorbay

The link works fine for me, but I am curious about something.

The first words are --

"Square the ends of any pen blank regardless of tube diameter."

-- then you show the use of a 1/4" bolt for the jig.

How does a 1/4" inch bolt achieve a snug fit for -- "any pen blank regardless of tube diameter."

??

If you don't know about these then you should, whether you are using this squaring jig or a barrel trimmer you need to make sleeves to fit in your brass sleeves. I was making my own from wood scraps until I bought these from CSUSA.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...immer_Adapter_Blank___barrel_trim_adapt?Args=

Lin.

larryc

Thanks for the tutorial. Here is my version that I just built. I too have one of those PSI POC. Maybe if we put them all together they would make a good bodanger!

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 244

rizaydog

Ok guys, I have another project almost finished that you may be interested in. I will post when I get it done. Keep an eye out for my pen blank drilling jig...

Top Bottom