PEACOCK STOPPER/BUTT KICKER

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cwolfs69

cwolfs69

well i have finally finished a bottle stopper commisioned by my best individual customer for her daughters wedding reception. she wanted a bottle stopper with peacock feathers in it. so what is the first thing i do. i call Marla for some advice, and she tells me i am in for a rough road. well she was absolutely correct. four castings later i finally finished it. for some reason the resin would not stick to the feather. i could completely encapsulate it but you could see a void around teh feather. this is casting in 40-60 PSI pressure. but finally i have managed to get one complete and sent to the customer. she loved it apparently according to SWMBO who delivered it for me. enjoy

pre cast feathers
DSCF1629.jpg
finished stopper
peacock stopper finish.jpg
again finished
peacock stopper 2.jpg

many thanks to Marla for her advice and her absolutely wonderful attitude discussing it over the phone with me that day. her feather blanks now seem so dirt cheap to me now knowing how impossible feathers are to work with.

B Wo

That bottle stopper looks like it turned out very nicely. Good job.

Kudos for undertaking a new technique. I've looked at the tutorial for feather pen blanks a dozen times, and while it seems easy enough in concept, it looks like a potentially daunting nightmare for the beginner. I love the way the blanks look, but: adhesive + feathers...*shudder* :)

Top Bottom