Pay Pal Review!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

For you that get paid and ship through pay pal have you noticed lately that more and more orders are being held for review? It used to be one or two a month and latly it's more like 2-3 a week. Everyone that has been held for reviw is released and payment made with-in 48 hours , even though pay pal states that it could take up to 24 hours. If the order is from a IAP member I always ship anyway but its become a PITA.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

I have been in good standing with them for years everything verified and now I get a message saying all funds I recieve will be placed in holding for up to 21 days. I sent them an email asking why and I get this stupid letter back saying these are the ways to stop it. 1. Verify your email 2. Get your address verified. 3. Have a debit or credit card on file basically everything they said to do I have done and more. I wish there was something else to use besides these idiots. Oh I do have a business account yet they treat me like crap.

RBcarving

The only ones I have had held are the e-check payments and direct bank transfers...which is how its always been for me. If the buyer has a PP balance or a CC backing their bank account, they go right through. Granted though, we are only talking about a dozen PP transactions per week for me on average.

Brad

Justturnin

I agree with Brad. The only thing I have had held up is an E-Check and Transfers. Yet just like Brad my transactions are minimal. I do have everything on my acct verified to raise the limits and all that nonsense. I use a free acct. still, no business acct here.

IPD_Mr

The only ones I have had held are the e-check payments and direct bank transfers...which is how its always been for me. If the buyer has a PP balance or a CC backing their bank account, they go right through. Granted though, we are only talking about a dozen PP transactions per week for me on average.

Brad

Same here, I have never had a "hold for review" payment from PayPal and I have been using PayPal long before I came to IAP, somewhere in late 98 I think. Personally I think that PayPal knows about Roy's shady uncles with the colorful names. :eek:

PenMan1

Roy:
It is likely due to a big spike in your business. In the period between Dec 26 and March 30 each year, I don't sell much at all. THEN, when shows start, Internet sales really pick up. The PayPal computers always pick up this trend and orders get "held for review".

The good news is that after a month or so of sustained higher sales, PayPal will bump you to a higher level and everything goes smoothly. BUT, At least in my case, they NEVER REDUCE FEES to make them competitive with even the more expensive processors like Square and Intuit.

All in all PayPal works well, but you'll choke on your coffee when the accountant tells you how much you paid them. The thing that kills me is they take a fee larger than Stamps dot Com for shipping through PayPal. It's a pain, but I just ship commercial through USPS and cut and paste into PayPal. I pay myself 50 cents in "mad money" each time I "cut and paste" tracking numbers. It's not such a hassle when you can buy yourself something nice with the savings.

PenMan1

I have been in good standing with them for years everything verified and now I get a message saying all funds I recieve will be placed in holding for up to 21 days. I sent them an email asking why and I get this stupid letter back saying these are the ways to stop it. 1. Verify your email 2. Get your address verified. 3. Have a debit or credit card on file basically everything they said to do I have done and more. I wish there was something else to use besides these idiots. Oh I do have a business account yet they treat me like crap.

You made them "mad" by not accepting their electronic delivery terms and conditions in a timely manner. By not "agreeing" to the electronic delivery conditions in their terms of agreement, you may never get out of hold Hell.

This happened to a friend of mine. We finally opened a new account with a different e-mail address. He was quick to accept the electronic delivery provisions this time:)

OKLAHOMAN

Here is a copy of the Pay pal transaction and the sender was "verified" and the payment was sent as an "Instant" payment not an E Check or unverified funds. My pay pal limit is in fairly large, I have no idea why but this seems pretty constant the last few weeks. Maybe Andy is right as my number of transactions has been steadly increasing. I deleted all refrence as to whos funds are being held and transaction numbers. Don't know if the copy and paste will work but if not you get the idea.

Search PayPalSearch

pixel.gif
Transaction Details

pixel.gif
pixel.gif

icon_waitdontship_29x32.gif
Wait - Don't ship yet

Payment Status: Under Review
What should I do now?

Wait to ship the item until we've completed Payment Review for this transaction.
  • To help protect you, PayPal is reviewing this payment.
  • The review process may take up to 24 hours.
  • We'll contact you as soon as we reach a decision.
  • You should not ship the item until we let you know the payment has cleared. If the payment clears: You may proceed to process the order. To know if your item is covered, check the 'Seller Protection' section of the 'Transactions Details' page and ensure that it states 'Eligible'.
Seller ProtectionNot Eligible
Not eligible for protection

You're not eligible for seller protection while this transaction is under review. If the payment clears, you will be eligible for coverage against claims for unauthorized payments and items not received.

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Shopping Cart Payment Received (Unique Transaction ID :biggrin:deleted:biggrin:)

Original Transaction Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net Mar 26, 2012Payment From name deleted:biggrin: Under Review ...$130.00 USD -$4.07 USD $125.93 USD
Related Transaction Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net Mar 26, 2012Payment Review Placed details-$125.93 USD ... -$125.93 USD

Name:Deleleted:biggrin::biggrin:
(The sender of this payment is Verified)Email:deleted
Payment Sent to:

deleted
Shopping Cart Contents

Deleted:biggrin::biggrin:

You have up to 60 days to refund the payment.
Date:
Mar 26, 2012Time:
14:49:11 PDTStatus:
Under Review
Shipping Address:
Confirmed

Shipping Method:
Standard Flat Rate Shipping
Payment Type:
Instant
Shipping:[deleted]
pixel.gif

Description:
Shopping Cart

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

• Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Last edited:

Seer

You made them "mad" by not accepting their electronic delivery terms and conditions in a timely manner. By not "agreeing" to the electronic delivery conditions in their terms of agreement, you may never get out of hold Hell.

This happened to a friend of mine. We finally opened a new account with a different e-mail address. He was quick to accept the electronic delivery provisions this time:)

Well then I guess it is off to google checkout or something similar but until then looks like they get to screw with me and others. Waiting to hear whta they say about my email and then decide.

Top Bottom