Here is what I kept:

Cheer
Mike

Attachments

• box three.jpg
    box three.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 207

electricalme

Hi guys sorry I'm running late will get it in the mail by Thursday I know it was here Friday but I just got home from last Thursday they kept me again dam it

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Box #3 seems to have fallen asleep

It is almost turning 5 months old.

Whats that in dog years? :biggrin:

It's not quite that bad. The box started on 6/2, so it's just a few days over 4 months & the trips through Australia & Canada for the first 3 people ate up a full month.

Boxes 1 & 2 took right at 4 months to complete, so when you factor in the foreign element, you would expect #3 to complete in about 5 months. We still have 10 stops to go, so it might run a little longer, but hopefully not much.

That being said, it has been hung up for over a week now. I'm trying to contact Scott (Electricalme) for an update.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I just heard from Scott (Electricalme). He's had some personal issues to deal with this past week, but the box will be on its way to Jsolie tomorrow.

Edgar

jsolie

The box showed up yesterday!

i-zSDqQL6-M.jpg

Lots of goodies to choose from: And this is NOT all that was in the box!

i-t97tqxc-M.jpg

I'm not yet sure what my selections will be. One thing that was kind of surprising was that the Parker-based ball point was AWOL, so it must have leaped out at some point. I'll get that one going again because I thought it was a cool idea. :)

I've already missed the mail deadline for today, but I'll try to get it in the post office's drop box today still. I'll update if I'm not able to. My wife and I are getting ready for a short trip out of town this week and that's got things at a higher state of busy than normal.

elkhorn

Just checked the tracking number and it should be here today or tomorrow. Yay!!!

elkhorn

Just got it!

I received box #3 today. Here are a couple of pics of the contents. I'll take some out tomorrow, add my contribution, and will send it on by Saturday. Recent eye surgery will keep me out of the shop till Monday. I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Edgar, thanks for doing this!

Attachments

• IMG_3112.jpg
    IMG_3112.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3113.jpg
    IMG_3113.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 259

rblakemore

Can I have it again?!

I know that we have been thru this a few months ago; but, I would love to see the box again - send it to me. I was number #13 and lot has happened to the content.

Oh well, I understand that it cannot.:frown:

akingkubo

I have noticed some small stones in small packets in some boxes shown in the thread. I only have been turning for a little more than a year and half so I apologize for me ignorance. Do you use them to make your own blanks? That's my next project to try.

Last edited:

sbwertz

I have noticed some small stones in small packets in some boxes shown in the thread. I only have been turning for a little more than a year and half so I apologize for me ignorance. Do you use them to make your own blanks? That's my next project to try.

The stone is for inlay/infill. You crush it and use it to fill holes, cracks and voids in the pens.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
ok for those of us who did NOT get in on this.. I know I would love to see the FIRST send on the box... so I can see how much it changed. :)

Stay tuned - when it gets back to me, I will post before & after photos.

You can check the threads for Boxes 1 & 2 to see the before & after photos for those boxes.

Edgar

triw51

The box is out for delevery today.
Does anyone know who put the piece of wood from the Presidio in the box? I was courious if they knew where it came from with in the Presidio (i.e. hospital, mess hall etc.) and any other information available.
Thanks William

akingkubo

Thanks so much Sharon for replying back to my question! That is interesting and would surely try that technique! Maria

tonychar

Are we still leaving a Parker style pen in the kit? I have not seen any in the last 2-3 pics.
I hope so that is a great idea that was started with this box great to see the box still going strong I was the first one it getting close to the end now it has been great watching it travel all over the place from down here in Australia hope to join in again next time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
USPS tracking shows that box #3 was delivered to Cindy on Monday

Next stop will be Joe966 in MI - getting near the end

Top Bottom