Pass it Forward - BOX #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
OK, here's what I've decided about a second go-round -- not at this time.

The first round for box #1 & #2 is taking right at 4 months. That's a little better than what I anticipated, but if we started a second round, we would be looking at a finish around the end of the year. That puts us smack in the middle of holiday season and right up against the start of BASH time. In addition, one of my sidelines is that of pecan farmer and the fall is my busy time for getting the crop in.

I know this may disappoint some of you, but I believe in the sage wisdom of P.T. Barnum/Walt Disney -- "Always leave them wanting more". This has been a lot of fun and I'm inclined to do it again next year & maybe get off to a little earlier start. That being said, I don't have a monopoly on this game. Anyone is welcome & encouraged to contact our Activities Manager, Mike Broberg, and propose a game or activity at any time -- one like this or any other that you might like to run.

I am going to do one more thing to reward the group that finishes the game first -- looks like it will be Group #2, but it's not over yet. I will draw a name from the members of the winning group and send that person a goodie box with blanks & stuff. Stay tuned & thanks for playing,
Edgar

BJohn

OOOKKK I guess. Edgar thanks for starting the game and understand your reasoning (like children don't like it but understand). I appreciate your time in getting it started and monitoring this go around.

Have a great fall and Christmas and I will be watching for another go around.

Hey maybe there is still a chance to shake you hand at SWAT.

stonepecker

You mean to say that there is another chance at more stuff?:present:

WooHoo and Yipee!:smile-big:

Now all we have to do is get #2 back to Edgar.........Where is the little box now?:bananen_smilies019:

:bananen_smilies047:Move it, Move it, Shake your booty and Move it:bananen_smilies047:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The box passed through N. Salt Lake, UT today - Jim Burr should get it on Monday. Then it just has one more stop at Penmaker1967 before I finally get it back. I'm getting excited!

Jim Burr

Banned
The box passed through N. Salt Lake, UT today - Jim Burr should get it on Monday. Then it just has one more stop at Penmaker1967 before I finally get it back. I'm getting excited!

Sweet!! I head back to work Tuesday NOC shift, but there will be plenty of time to ship it Tuesday AM.

Box 2 is on it's next to last leg!!! This time going from Jim in Reno, NV to Todd in Biscoe NC. Box 2 for sure is going to beat Box 1.
8-13-2014Box2_zps2f1c0b4a.jpg

penmaker1967

i am getting excited the box is out for del in my town and i am at work so when i get home i will go through it and repack it hopefully have it back on its way to ed by fri if not thursday

BJohn

I was going to say come on lucky #8. But there is two of us, share #8 with Steve SMJ1957 sorry Steve I'm the lucky #8.

Last edited:

stonepecker

Just being a member of the IAP makes me feel lucky.

But If I am lucky enough to have that lucky number......going to share it with the other guy here in Minnesota.

Minnesota Nice lives.

Well it looks like BOX 2 is the winner of this race. It is on its final leg back to where it all started. Going from Todd in Biscoe NC back to our Pass It Forward host Edgar in Alvin TX.

Thank you Edgar for running a great activity. I have left the final map as big as I could to you can see every where it has been.
8-15-2014Box2_zpsfba3ef9a.jpg

rblakemore

scramble the boxe lists

I am on box 3 and enjoyed this a lot!!
What about not stopping all 3 lists??
Scramble the box contents after all 3 are done,
then scramble the 3 lists and re-start?!?!???

Or just switch lists?
Start box 1 to box 2 and re-start,
start box 2 to box 3 and re-start,
start box 3 to box 1 and re-start.

Ed, we live close to each other, what about getting together and I will help with re-starting???

But, I am not available next week, I mother has pacemaker implant surgery early Monday morning.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I am on box 3 and enjoyed this a lot!!
What about not stopping all 3 lists??
Scramble the box contents after all 3 are done,
then scramble the 3 lists and re-start?!?!???

Or just switch lists?
Start box 1 to box 2 and re-start,
start box 2 to box 3 and re-start,
start box 3 to box 1 and re-start.

Ed, we live close to each other, what about getting together and I will help with re-starting???

But, I am not available next week, I mother has pacemaker implant surgery early Monday morning.

Thanks for the suggestions Ron - those are good ideas, but I really don't want the game to continue through the Nov-Dec holiday seasons or interfere with the 2015 BASH. I would prefer to start a new game next year once we finish BASH - perhaps getting off to an earlier start next year might allow two rounds per box.

Also, we have a number of new IAP members since the games started & I wouldn't want to exclude them or anyone else who missed out on this round from being able to participate in the next game.

These are my thoughts & certainly not the only options. As I mentioned before, anyone is welcome & encouraged to contact our Activities Manager, Mike Broberg and propose any activity that they might like to run -- including a Pass It Forward game. I don't have a monopoly on the game.

Edgar

rblakemore

OK, I understand; I am new to the org and started after the last BASH.
I will participate in the rounds next year.

I see references to the BASH - just what is it??

penmaker1967

i sent the box back out and according to the tracking number the address that i sent it to was a closed bussiness i sent ed a pm and told him about it. hopefully he will see the pm soon and go pick it up. my camera is till broke so i could not take any pics of the box it was del to the sugarland p.o on sat

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I should get it about noon today. We live on a rural route, so I have most packages delivered to my office. We are closed on Saturdays, so it should be delivered today.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Before Pictures

While we wait for Box #2 to be delivered today, I thought that I would go ahead and post the photos & contents of Box #2 when it first started on this journey almost 4 months to the day.

Box #1 & #2 were shipped on the same day - the first photo shows the boxes - each was a SFRB inside a priority rate envelope. Photo #2 shows the contents of the second box:

Vertical blanks on the left: Koa & Pheasant wood from Hawaii & Huisache from my farm.

Vertical blanks on the right: Mango, Kukui Nut & Royal Poinciana - all from Hawaii.

Horizontal blanks in the center: Spalted Avacado from Hawaii, Mulberry from Kerry Colbert (2 Saw) in KY, 2 BOW blanks, Spalted Pecan from my farm, Milo & Spalted Signature (or Autograph) from Hawaii, Spalted Maple (I forget from where), Banksia Pod blank from George (Robutacion) in Australia and a Peacock Inlace Acrylester blank from Woodturningz.

The miscellaneous items are: a LeRoi Elegant pen kit from Smitty's Pen Works in Bk-Chr/Chrome, a 24k Sierra-style pen kit (I forget exactly which one or where I got it), a pack of 5 assorted slimline specialty clips, a set of 4 homemade delrin finishing bushings, a 50 cal & a .308 shell case and a Chrome Seam Ripper Kit.

I will post photos of the "After" box tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for playing. I had a great time & I hope you did too.

Edgar

Attachments

• Box1&2_SFRB.jpg
    Box1&2_SFRB.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Box2_Contents.jpg
    Box2_Contents.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 103
Top Bottom