Ornamental Butterfly House

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from patharris

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
This is my first prototype of an ornamental butterfly house. It stands 8 1/2" high and is 1 11/2 " diam enter. Base & house is Popular and roof is Brazilian cherry. It has 4 butterflies on the outside and 1 in the inside. Comments and critiques are welcomed as I want to improve this. I have already decided to use on 3 butterflies on the outside as I don't want it to look too cheesy.
Pat

Attachments

• Pat's Butterflyhuse 3_101809 (Small).JPG
    Pat's Butterflyhuse 3_101809 (Small).JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 250
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

This is my first prototype of an ornamental butterfly house. It stands 8 1/2" high and is 1 11/2 " diam enter. Base & house is Popular and roof is Brazilian cherry. It has 4 butterflies on the outside and 1 in the inside. Comments and critiques are welcomed as I want to improve this. I have already decided to use on 3 butterflies on the outside as I don't want it to look too cheesy.
Pat

Looks GREAT Pat. I have never seen a butterfly house, mind if I try one.

Lin.

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
Lin, be my quest. I have really worked hard at producing nice looking bird houses, hummingbird feeders and finch feeders, Thought I develope something new: a Butterfly House. I plan to refine it more and probably will only 4 sets of slots instead of 8 and as usual, I always make a different style roof and base for each one I turn.
So the butterfly houses should be fun to turn as it does take some hollowing and some patience to attache the butterflies.

Top Bottom