opinion please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

I have the Bosch. I use it a lot for work installing kitchen cabinets. It is a very nice saw and I prefer it to the Ridgid portable. I've used the Ridgid as I've often worked with other installers who own it. The Bosch has the "soft start" which is nice. The top surface feels better, it is smoother. Tilting the blade to 45 degrees is easier on the Bosch. You can also get optional outfeed and left feed supports for the Bosch. The blade on the Ridgid is pretty far back and I always feel like I am leaning to far forward guiding the cut because of that. If you are looking at the latest Bosch model then it has a riving knife which is a great safety feature.

The two saws are very comparable but if I had to replace mine I would get another Bosch.

Don't think that I am against Ridgid though, the saw I have in my workshop at home is the Ridgid TS3650.

Edited to add: Just thought that Ridgid might still be offering their Lifetime Warranty. If they are offering that on their portable table saw that could be the deal maker :D

Top Bottom