OHIO TRU-QUARTER™

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

This is a teaser photo! There isn't alot of detail to cut out, so while I am down in Waco, I would love some ideas on what the masses think about what might look better, leaving the state's shape as a solid piece like my south carolina quarter or cutting out the inside only have the outline remaining?

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Attachments

• 2011-08-24 20.25.17-1.jpg
    2011-08-24 20.25.17-1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I like the idea of cutting out the inside of the state with the outside remainig. That way you can see the space station floating as well.

seamus7227

I like the idea of cutting out the inside of the state with the outside remainig. That way you can see the space station floating as well.

Please forgive me for Laughing at that, :biggrin::rolleyes: Its actually the Wright Brothers plane. But, thanks for sharing your thoughts

Rounder

Please forgive me for Laughing at that, :biggrin::rolleyes: Its actually the Wright Brothers plane. But, thanks for sharing your thoughts

LOL, it was probably the space station to the Wright brothers. But I do agree, it would seem more in flight if you cut out the inside. Dang Seamus, you keep showing this stuff, you are going to make me have to try it. It looks very interesting to me. And quite the challenge. I might be biting off more than I can chew, still being so new to turning and all. But I do have a tendency to just jump in and go for the gold.:eek:

glycerine

LOL, it was probably the space station to the Wright brothers. But I do agree, it would seem more in flight if you cut out the inside. Dang Seamus, you keep showing this stuff, you are going to make me have to try it. It looks very interesting to me. And quite the challenge. I might be biting off more than I can chew, still being so new to turning and all. But I do have a tendency to just jump in and go for the gold.:eek:

I say go for it! I would be... but I don't have a scrollsaw! yet.

thewishman

You always amaze me (especially the KY quarter) and I've been hoping you would do an Ohio quarter.

:clown:Are you gonna cut out around the ribs on the plane?:clown:

ttpenman

Ohio quarter

This was my first thought. Excuse the crude drawing but hopefully you get the idea.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Attachments

• ohio quarter1.jpg
    ohio quarter1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 169

seamus7227

This was my first thought. Excuse the crude drawing but hopefully you get the idea.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Thats exactly what i envisioned! I just think it adds another level of difficulty that sometimes is nerve racking while i am cutting:rolleyes:. It only takes one wrong move or vibration from the blade to snap

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Now see, I knew I would get comments on this and would have to give a history lesson. Now everyone knows the Wright brothers were flying around in NC when that famous flight happened.
So Ohio can claim the space station with the space suite on their quarter. :biggrin:
Must need new glasses.........:rolleyes:

Last edited:

glycerine

Now see, I knew I wold get comments on this and would have to give a history lesson. Now everyone knows the Wright brothers were flying around in NC when that famous flight happened.
So Ohio can claim the space station with the space suite on their quarter. :biggrin:
Must need new glasses.........:rolleyes:

Well, the quarter does say "birthplace of aviation pioneers"... I thought the same thing until I read a little closer.

seamus7227

seamus7227

well, talk about scary, the outline of the state of Ohio is super thin, wow, that was tough!

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Attachments

• 2011-08-29 22.33.58-1.jpg
    2011-08-29 22.33.58-1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 174

D.Oliver

Awesome work Seamus. I'm just sorry you didn't take my advice on how to cut it out. I think it would have really added a lot to that quarter.:rolleyes:

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Hey, nice job on the quarter cut out. The SPACE STATION turned out real nice in the background.:biggrin:

Seriously, excellent job as usual!

Woodlvr

(Years of practice and a steady pair of hands! (+ much better eyes than this 60 yr old has :rolleyes:)

I am having a hard enough time trying to do 3-D holiday patterns, I agree with Socdad also I seem to have to blink a thousand times to see the lines let alone try to trace something as small as a quarter. Great work as usual.

seamus7227

(Years of practice and a steady pair of hands! (+ much better eyes than this 60 yr old has :rolleyes:)

I am having a hard enough time trying to do 3-D holiday patterns, I agree with Socdad also I seem to have to blink a thousand times to see the lines let alone try to trace something as small as a quarter. Great work as usual.

If it makes everyone feel better, sometimes these lines do get twisted, but that is usually when i'm super tired, and I typically turn things off and quit when it gets that bad, cuz thats when i start messing things up:yawn:

D.Oliver

If it makes everyone feel better, sometimes these lines do get twisted, but that is usually when i'm super tired, and I typically turn things off and quit when it gets that bad, cuz thats when i start messing things up:yawn:

Nope; doesn't make me feel better. Maybe a South Dakota quarter would do the trick.:biggrin:

Top Bottom