Off The Deep End

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Wacast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacast

Well, after reading several books and articles, as well as the great Posts here for the past year, I got off the dime and made a couple pens to see if any of that great information might have soaked in. I've had some oak scraps lying around so started with that on a couple "Cigars", along with some Olive pieces I got somewhere. (OK, so I’m not an “Ansel Adams,†either).

Of course then the Boss saw a hunk of green acrylic that she liked, so I tried my hand at turning that, too. (Although I'm happy with the way the acrylic turned, I don't think her choice of black chrome fittings was the way I'd have gone, but then except for hooking up with her 37 years ago, I've got taste for sour apples).

I don't think I'll be much competition for many of you, looking at the quality of pens that are posted, but like “Charlie the Tuna,†I think I'm hooked on this hobby, just the same. (Besides, it's something that keeps me out from under foot when the snow's on the ground.)

Later,
Wacast

2007726143637_FirstPens2.jpg

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Welcome Wayne!!!!

If you been watchin' us for a year, you know the picture is too small to "critique", but the pens look great for your first few!!

Keep on turning and post a couple single photos when you think they have met your standards!!!

Most of all, HAVE FUN!!![:)][:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom