Off Center Off Axis Out of Kilter Dish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Charlie_W

Charlie_W

Here is something a little different for me. It is a maple dish that is off center, off axis, out of kilter, just plan off!

Edit: Hit the wrong key :(...more to follow

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Okay, back again.
This is a maple dish I turned. It is 7" diameter, has an off center hollow and is canted 13/16 when it sits on the table. I canted it to the lower right to make it a right handed dish. Lower on the right (4:30 position), higher on the left for scooping up items from the dish.
Currently unfinished as Wifey will take her Pyro skills to it!

Attachments

• IMG_2167.jpg
    IMG_2167.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2168.jpg
    IMG_2168.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2171.jpg
    IMG_2171.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2174.jpg
    IMG_2174.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 115

triw51

Wow beautiful pyro work love the signature on the bottom. Did you make your own pyro equipment or did you buy one?

Thanks William, We bought a Razortip pyrography burner. She has a bunch of pens and some homemade tips as well.

I was thinking of getting a burner does she like this one or is there one she would rather have? Any suggestions on getting started?

Charlie_W

Wow beautiful pyro work love the signature on the bottom. Did you make your own pyro equipment or did you buy one?

Thanks William, We bought a Razortip pyrography burner. She has a bunch of pens and some homemade tips as well.

I was thinking of getting a burner does she like this one or is there one she would rather have? Any suggestions on getting started?

She bought another brand burner first. After taking a workshop with Cynthia Gibson, she bought the Razortip. This one allows her to turn it down lower for delicate work and better control with shading where as the first one seemed to be better for branding style of pyrography. She really likes the Razortip!

stonepecker

Beautiful work by both of you.

I would suggest either a video or something for the library here. That is a work of art. I would like to try something like that in my free time. Of course, would more then likely have to get some more tools. LOL I would need more knowledge.

Top Bottom