Nucular Waste

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

I whipped this one up this morning, simple single barrel finial twist in aluminum. The colors turned out to be most excellent.

nucular1.jpg

nucular2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Do tell......how is the 'inlay placed' in the blank without going through to the other side, or is it a decal thingy?

Sweet casting you got there too!!!!

Scott (that's a seller) B

workinforwood

I don't do decals. These are cut out by hand and cast in a special hand made mold so that they land in a particular spot so when the blanks are harvested the images land near the middle of the blanks. They are about 1/2 way though the blank. The penturner has to use a ruler per instructions to locate the exact center, because there's no way to cast it absolutely in the center, but it's real easy and allows for a variety of uses as long as the finished product is wider than the image.

No these wouldn't be expensive blanks at all, they'd fall in my lower end average price range. You'd have to contact you know who to request one or more, and I'd do it quickly because I hear she has a show coming up in a week, which means they may never even make it to the internet for sales!

Top Bottom