Not sure what this includes....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MatthewZS

MatthewZS

I wasn't sure if this was just other woodturning stuff we make or maybe other woodworking stuff in general or just anything at all ...... so if this is wrong feel free to keek me in the shins.

Necklace is 24 gauge titanium and silver 1/16th inch inside diameter rings, hand made and woven. About 3500 rings total.

Second is a simple bowl about 8 inches across, cocobolo, red cedar and some other woods I don't recall.

Last is a Turk's head weave ring in 18 Gauge sterling silver.

Attachments

• 00001a9a.jpg
    00001a9a.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 192
  • _DSC0127.jpg
    _DSC0127.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 141
  • turks925.jpg
    turks925.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Both pieces of jewelry are great. The huge number of pieces in the necklace adds to the wow factor when imagining trying to make it, but even ignoring that, it's still an impressive piece.

I'm intrigued by the weaving job on the ring. Do the ends of the wires get brazed so there is no visible break?

MatthewZS

No actually it takes a bit of trial and error on the last wrap around but I get the wire trimmed to the right length, then before I weave the last little bit, I hammer the end of the wire flat, and hit it with a torch to bead up the end a bit so it doesn't irritate whomever is wearing it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom