Not quite sure!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papadan

Status
Not open for further replies.

papadan

Of what I will use it for, but a guy at one of my customers gave me veneer core. 7 1/4" diameter x 17 3/8 long redwood burl. :D
IMAG008.JPG
IMAG009.JPG
His Uncle has a veneer comapny in Georgia and he makes a couple trips a year down there and loads up with cores.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

You lucky dog!!!

That is premium piece! If you (or your friend consider selling) let me know...would love to have some of that!!! [:D]

airrat

MAN that would fit perfectly in my fireplace. If we ever get another no burn day. OH well guess I would just have to make a pen out of it. [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

GratZ

BigRob777

Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! I almost got one of those of madrone burl, from ebay once, but the price went triple digits and it wasn't nearly as nice as this one. That'll make an awesome pen.[:)]
Merry Christmas,
Rob

papadan

I only get to this place once a year. The guy told me he gets a bunch of them in different types of wood and burls. His Uncle sells them but he did not know who to. He got started turning a couple years ago and goes through a bunch of these things every year. Unless they have a major breakdown, i wont se him till next December. I will try to buy some from him next time I am down there.I am thinking of buying one of those tools to cut out the center when turning bowls to keep from wasting very much of it. I can see a couple bowls and a bunch on pens and watches in this hunk of wood. [:D] I appreciate all the offers to help dispose of this thing, but don't want to burden anyone with my troubles.
1.gif

Russb

I see maybe two hollow forms, some bowls. I've had wood like this and have saved it for when my skills could best benefit wood so nice. If you are talking "bowl saver" I would not think it would be too useful on wood with a diameter of 7". Bottom line is it's your wood enjoy it. Sure would like to see what you make from it. Before and after pictures.

Dario

Originally posted by Russb
<br />If you are talking "bowl saver" I would not think it would be too useful on wood with a diameter of 7".

I disagree...if you know the potential of these tools (my choice is the McNaughton), you can core a lot of nesting bowls out of the shown piece.

HINT. The bowls don't have to be from bigger to smaller...they can be all the the same size and shape. [;)]

RPM

Do you have any idea the name of the company and where in Georgia they are? Might call for a road trip from Atlanta!
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom