Last minute turnings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmac

A couple of last minute turnings. A Christmas ornament for my grandson born in June, turned out of scyamore with mylands friction polish. I seen one on another site and thought it was cute. I hope they don't mind me borrowing the idea. The other are some seam rippers that I turned for a friend of mine whose daughter is in a quilting group. She has been selling them to the ladies in the group like hot cakes.

Bobby

2006122219550_first%20ornament.jpg.jpg

2006122219627_seam%20rippers.jpg.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Cool idea with the rippers / unstichers. I've got several of them from my cable jointing days and now know what to do with them[:I]
Just a thought on your grandson's ornament, is the finish 'baby safe'? If he is anything like my kids were, it's going straight for his mouth[xx(]

Merry Christmas

BigRob777

Pretty and nice work. I saw some posts last year, elsewhere, about the seam rippers. Did you find a kit, or buy some plastic handled rippers and remove the hardware?
Rob

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I bought seam rippers from Woodturningz some time back. Turn between centers and drill a small hole to glue in the metal. The only part even slightly challenging is making the plastic cover fit.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I made of few of these rippers thinking I might get lucky and a couple....sheesh...I was up late late late in the shop making more, I think every lady in the building wanted one...trust me, I wasn't complaining [:)][:)][:)]

One lady did say though that they will get dull after a while of use,
so I didn't glue mine in,
figure for a couple of dollars I can replace them when they call [8D]

By the way, like your ornament and the wood you used for the rippers..!!.

bmac

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. I started out buying rippers from Wal-Mart, but my friend's daughter get them through the quilting club cheaper. They come 12 to the box and I think he told me it averages about .25 cents apiece. And I like the top on these better than those from Wal-Mart, they don't cack as easy.

Fred, Ken's site is where I got the idea for the ornament also. I hope he doesn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom