Not just another knot...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Parrott

Dale Parrott

Modified Cigar style Pen. Woods used were White Oak and Black Walnut.

Attachments

• One Piece Cigar Pen.jpg
    One Piece Cigar Pen.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 141
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

Beautiful work. I don't have the patience it takes to create something that complex. It's a fantastic job.

egnald

Very cool. I've been reading up on some of the Cigar kit modifications from the IAP Resources. It seems to be quite a versatile kit style. - Dave

Dale Parrott

I have made quite a few of these and have decided that doing triple knots, though impressive, always looks a bit crowded unless you possibly team it up with a single knot on the opposite side. I like how that design frames the triple knots. I'll find a picture...
View attachment 357968
This does look really nice. You are right about being crowded. I tried the triple on a 2" blank and it looks good while the blank is still 3/4" diameter but when it gets turned down, not so hot. Do you happen to remember how thick your inserts are? I like the colors. Thanks for sharing.

Dale Parrott

I spent more time working on this blank document that it took to make the pen. I hope this answers all the questions. Still have questions , please message me.

Attachments

• finished Celtic KnotDocument.pdf
    774.8 KB · Views: 93

Aces-High

This does look really nice. You are right about being crowded. I tried the triple on a 2" blank and it looks good while the blank is still 3/4" diameter but when it gets turned down, not so hot. Do you happen to remember how thick your inserts are? I like the colors. Thanks for sharing.
I'll check the thickness. Kerf is same as my blade...

Dale Parrott

I'll check the thickness. Kerf is same as my blade...
I'm using a 10" Rikon bandsaw and my actual blade thickness is always less that the kerf because ooff the set on the teeth. My .014 cuts a .020 kerf for example and my .025 thick blade cuts about .030. I usually pick my blade by the thickness I want the inserts. I do have a friend that took the set out of the teeth to thin the blade kerf with mixed results.

Top Bottom