Not allowed in the garage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

H2O

I went out to do a little casting.
The temperature was around 92 degrees (thought it would help the cure process) and 42% humidity. It was around 102 degrees in the garage with the door open.
I was casting away, when my better half came out to get me for dinner.
She found me slumped over my bench, out cold.
I'm not sure if it was the heat, fumes, or just dozing off from being tired from working a ton of over-time. Could have been any combination I suppose.
I came to right away, which leads me to think it's just exhaustion, and found a dumped cup of resin all over the bench and my hand/wrist. Nasty, sticky stuff! I look like I've been waxed on that area.:eek:

So, in conclusion, I've been kindly informed, I'm not allowed in the garage when it's that warm.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikedealer

respirator.. 100% of the time.. always.. always always..

i knew a guy worked at a plant dealing with some weird chemicals.. over next 5 years his brain became duller and duller.. his wife made him quit.. his brain sharpened up over next year or two.. then had brain tumor....

chemicals are nasty ****.. dont breathe anything non organic like that for more than a few seconds...

hornet406

Holy cow! Hopefully you didn't add the catalyst to your resin. I don't know if the heat burns or chipping yourself out would be worse. Glad your ok now.

Fay Prozora

You could have had a mild heat stroke. Some thing like that happened to me a few years back ( over 8 years ago ) and it was before I had heart surgery. I was walking home form some where and lo and behold I nearly passed out on the sidewalk in front of a sewing store and the lady came out and told me to come in and sit down. She got me a bottle of cold water and told me to stay put and see if I would be alright after a bit. I was able to walk the rest of the way home after awhile. I was into sewing at that time so I watched what that class they were having doing and such. made a Dr apt and found I have diabetes and I don't really stay out long in the hot sun any more but do enjoy the hot weather but I'm pretty careful. I also could have had a mild heat stroke also so I'm careful about when I go to Sis's house and do her yard work and all. We have lots of chairs and things sitting around to sit on and a couple of umbrellas to sit under and that sure does help and ever since I keep water with me when I go places. Take care of your self, even if you have to wear a wet towel to cool off with while you are casting and such. I plan to move my pressure pot and air compressor to my shop over there and do my casting there. There just isn't enough room here to set it all up for a very long time. Hope you are feeling better. Fay

BradG

just incase you have taken any new medication recently, may be worth having a read through the booklet. They put me on Citalopram a while back and the randomly falling asleep was so bizarre I found it amusing. settled down after a while of taking them.

on a more likely note, heat & fumes .... night night :wink: Spend the day and install some ventilation to pump hot air out and cool air in. if you;re in a really hot place then maybe aircon?

And lastly, build a fume hood out of wood. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just a box with an open lower front with a bathroom extractor fan stuck to the top taking the air outside.

Here's some other peoples for a little inspiration

fumehood-finished.jpg

F4A2FFSFK75GTFI.MEDIUM.jpg

Top Bottom