No more pressure pot failures for me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Well, after my little pressure pot failure, I lost all confidence in the Harbor Freight pressure pots. I still say my failure was NOT the fault of the pot but rather the pot savers but there was still that little bit of doubt in my mind so I decided to look for other options.

I did a lot of research and decided on a pressure pot from CA Technologies. I talked to them and they gave me the name of a local distributor so I gave them a call. It ended up that they would have to order the pots for me but they had Binks pots in stock. For those that don't know, Binks are the gold standard for pressure pots but they are expensive. Long story short, they ended up making me a helluva deal on the Binks so I drove up to Austin and picked up 2 of them.

These pots are ASME certified and individually tested and stamped. They have a certified working pressure of up to 80 psi and are EXTREMELY heavy duty. My old HF pot configured the way I use it weighs 15# while the Binks pot configured the same way weighs 24#. Both pots are the same diameter and geight. The best part is they are MADE IN USA!

Here are some pics of the pot as well as the casting cart that I built to hold the old ones and now the new ones.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• DSC09899.jpg
    DSC09899.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 11,380
  • DSC09902.jpg
    DSC09902.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,381
  • DSC09897.jpg
    DSC09897.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,954
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

traderdon55

They look good but no more than i do I will stick to my Harbor Freight pot and keep the pressure down. If I cast as much as you do I would probably have done the same thing. Hopefully with these you want have any more blow up.

Rstyleusa

Glad to hear that you got some new pots. Look like the real deal and what a set up you have. Some day I will get that far...for now, learning without the use of pots until I have some more room.

Hosspen

Curtis, Nice pots! I'm also impressed with with the "two-holer" stand you've made to hold them, that takes me back to my childhood days when ..... Just kidding, considering the nice blanks you cast, you deserve a great pot!

Bree

Curtis... I must say you are DaMan today! What great news. I think you made the absolute right choice and set a fine example for those of us who watch and learn from others here. You are a leader and you showed it by leading from the front. My highest respect goes to you!
:wink::wink::wink:

jfoh

That is one of the smartest investments that anyone here has made this month or maybe year. When you figure that they should last until the next president retires your cost per blank cast is nothing. And you will still have all eight fingers to enjoy them. Plus two thumbs up.

helgi

upgrade of pressure pots

Very nice I'm sure you will not be sorry with this investment. I really like the set up with the two pots on the cart.
Will be looking forward to your creations that will come out of this setup.

helgi.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Curtis,
OK, I've gotta go work on my coveting problem again! Is there support under the pots or do they hang in the opening by the hinge base?

Gagler

So, I take it you're going to add to the library with a tutorial on how to modify these pots to cast? ;}

Glad to see you're up and running and still in one piece!

Billman

Snowmass Village & Grand Junction, Colorado
I am embarrased to say! I just figured that my hands/head and peice of mind was worth what I did pay for them as much casting as I do!
No problem Curtis, I know how it goes. Considering how much casting you (and some others here) do, cost isn't always the deciding factor. It's just what ya gotta do. Because I use them daily on my job, I own a stupidly high priced ratcheting screw driver and a insanely high priced flashlight.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Yeah, Amos, I broke my own saying when I bought the HF pots. "Only a rich man can afford cheap tools". Hey, no fault of the HF pots. They did their job to get me started 3 years ago and helped me develop the cactus pen and worthless wood!

Top Bottom