Night-light Lamp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rwyoung

rwyoung

I believe these plans came from Wood Magazine. Not sure of the issue # though. If anyone wants to know I can track it down.

This is the first time I've done any kind of work with a scroll saw. Kinda fun and pretty easy to do. The panels are 1/8" baltic birch. After cutting and sanding I glued rice paper on one side. The four corner posts have two sets of grooves on two sides. The back pair hold the character panel and the front pair holds a sheet of clear acrylic to protect the rice paper.

The lamp socket is one of the two-way kind so it can also switch the little nightlight socket inside the lamp body.

The plans called for the feet and cap balls to be painted red and blue and the larger ball on the stem of the lamp to be white. I'll probably do that this weekend.

Now I just need to find a lamp shade (the one I usually wear on my head is too large for this lamp). :question::rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCN0285.jpg
    DSCN0285.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN0286.jpg
    DSCN0286.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 212
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Very neat items. The kids must be pleased, unless of course they are in your bedroom. Then that would be, er, OK as well! :cool:

Never wore lampshades myself. However I have been know to attend many "panties on your head" :eek::eek: at fraternity parties. OK, enough school secrets from many years ago!

chuybregts

I think i have that issue! Still haven't used my scroll saw for anything but pen turning... really must find time to do so!

Excellent execution!

titan2

I'd be interested in which issue the plans were in. Looks quite interesting, picking up my 24" scroll saw this weekend and that'd make a nice project for the grandkids' Christmas.....

Barney

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Very neat items. The kids must be pleased, unless of course they are in your bedroom. Then that would be, er, OK as well! :cool:

Never wore lampshades myself. However I have been know to attend many "panties on your head" :eek::eek: at fraternity parties. OK, enough school secrets from many years ago![/QUOTE]

Fred, are you saying you military school guy wore panties????

:biggrin::tongue::biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

Top Bottom