• Medium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Broad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

I have been working on a pen and hopefully will have one ready within a week or two that I will be calling "Crush" It has nothing. It will not be made out of a pen kit.

I finally figured out everything today and hope to have a prototype done soon. I will be making a prototype that will not be drilled and have the parts in it to show everyone soon. Will hopefully have it ready for the guys tomorrow.

I owe thanks to Bruce for help with it. The CAD program worked somewhat well.

The question is, what nib do you prefer in a fountain pen? I will be using the Namiki nib. I cant say which one because I dont want any copies made.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Guess I am a little different than most folks...but what the hey!! It wasn't on your poll; but my favorite FP nib is a 1.5± mm calligraphy nib. The one I have been using has a straight cut; but I am trying to find one with an oblique cut. IIRC, Anthony also likes a similar nib??

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Johnny--I've been working rather closely with the Sales Director from Omas for awhile now. According to insider industry publications, approximately 80% of all nibs purchased are medium. A small percentage are re-ground to the specifics such as Randy and Anthony indicate. Also, the Namiki medium is close to a Bosh fine. In fact, the Asian nibs across the board are about one grade finer than the European nibs.

Ryan

Lou,

It is for the reasons you stated that I went with a broad nib vote as he specificaly stated an Asian nib.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom