Handwriting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Imported poll question missed, please edit

• "Chicken Scratch" ( most people can't read it and at times neither yourself)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad (you can read it, but no one else can)

• Good(everybody can read it)

• Great ( people complement you on it)

• Calligraphy (the fancy stuff)

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Mine is terrible but I have been working on it since I started using fountain pens. They force me to write a little slower which seems to help a lot.

jckossoy

Mine looks like a Dr.'s handwriting. Even to the point where they say their handwriting is more legible than mine. In fact, I don't think anybody can copy my signature.

Kol Tov,

JimGo

Jeff, that's always been my goal with my signature. My cursive is passable if I take my time, and my printing can be read by most (thankfully, or my assistant would kill me!). That's not to say they look nice - just legible!

Rudy Vey

I voted for bad, although most people would call it chicken scratch. My handwriting was screwed up by being taught also the old German handwriting, Suetterlin. You can see an example in the casual conversation under the same header "Handwriting", a thread that was started by Old Griz.

JohnDrayton

Like someone else, I write in the classic Palmer style (unique in todays world), thanks to learning with a straight pen and nib in school and a teacher who had no qualms about smacking your hands if you drug the side of your hand on the paper., or taking your paper and throwing it in the trash in front of the whole class. That was a public school too! Of course things were different in the 50's, the teachers wern't the least bit afraid of us or our parents!! All us boys had to write as well as the girls.

Rifleman1776

Older I get, worse handwriting gets. Sure grateful I took typing classes in high school. Was only boy in the class and I got lots of teasing. But, I got my first writing job because of that and haven't stopped writing since. Have earned a big part of my living for more than half a century because I know my way around a keyboard. I use a pen but what it produces is pretty much a secret code, even to myself.

gerryr

I went through the good old Palmer penmanship in school, but my handwriting was never anything special. In high school, I started printing my notes because I found I could do it as fast and made fewer mistakes. I still print more than I write. From what I've seen, my printing is unique because I don't use a cursive lower case "a" which is what most people seem to use when they print.

realgenius

In 3rd grade my daughter called the act of cursive writing "cursed writing", I think she was onto something. It depends on what mood I'm in as to whether one can read what I've written. I'm ever so gratful to the individual who invented the key board(even the typewriter)[}:)][:D]
Debra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom