Nib ink flow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Don't get discouraged fellas, htis is the weekend and shopping, craft shows etc, are a premium levels. Until someone else can answer try these links http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6707&SearchTerms=fp,ink Hope it helps

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=5872 Here's another one
Might do a google search for outside help

PenWorks

I don't think there is any set standard way and what is extended? Assuming you flush and cleaned out the nib & feed before you put it away. Then if you are using a converter, after sucking the ink in, I just screw the converter down, till ink flows out the nib, Or if you are using a cartridge, you can always give it the ol shake, or wet a paper towel and put the nib to it, that will start the capillary action going. If the pen has been sitting for a couple days with ink in it, a little dip in a cup of water will get the juices flowing again. I hope this helps. But the best one, is if you have a lever fill, I like slamming the lever down and squirting someone [:D]

LouLeggett

Extended means any period of time the pen is not used, then when needed next, fails to allow ink to flow. I have been using one of the methods you suggest, i.e., put the nib under slow running water, then wipe gently with a paper towel. Thanks for your input, I found it to be very helpful.

Lou Leggett
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />I don't think there is any set standard way and what is extended? Assuming you flush and cleaned out the nib & feed before you put it away. Then if you are using a converter, after sucking the ink in, I just screw the converter down, till ink flows out the nib, Or if you are using a cartridge, you can always give it the ol shake, or wet a paper towel and put the nib to it, that will start the capillary action going. If the pen has been sitting for a couple days with ink in it, a little dip in a cup of water will get the juices flowing again. I hope this helps. But the best one, is if you have a lever fill, I like slamming the lever down and squirting someone [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom