Newest "Cappucino" pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spiritwoodturner

S

spiritwoodturner

I've been trying to get the whipped cream head on my cappucino pens, and I think it's getting there. This one on a simple Rhodium Cigar, but the best finish so far. The last pic is one Skye posted a while back, that's the colors I'm trying to capture.

Thanks for looking!

Dale

Attachments

• iap16.jpg
    iap16.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 320
  • iap17.jpg
    iap17.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 256
  • iapcappucino.jpg
    iapcappucino.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 148
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

Yussef, I haven't tried that but have thought about it. I think that would look really cool. The challenge would be to still get the "swirl" between the colors without the beans swirling. A perfectly straight line separating them wouldn't work, for me anyway.

Skye, do you mean more or less "see through"? I'd value your opinion and advice on this.

Dale

sefali

I though that might be an issue, and don't think a straight line would work either. I don't know anything about cast, so can't help you with that one. :frown: Hope someone has a solution, cause I really think an all cream top would look great.

workinforwood

Looks pretty good. You pouring those sideways in a mold? I'm thinking maybe try pouring them in the standing position. You have the beans at the bottom and pour, then at the top you pour in coffee grounds and white acrylic. You know there's another option where you can paint the tube. Glue the beans onto the tube and pour..in which case you can also glue a stir stick onto the tube :)

jimofsanston

I LIKE

Please UPS to me one of the number 3 picture postage with glass and contents:cowboy::cowboy: prepaid please and i will let you know how it is when i get done with it. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom