Newby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rhorne

Hello everyone, I'm a new member and just started turning pens on new years ev. My wife was over joyed with that one. But I'm addicted to turning pens. I'm in Chattanooga, Tn. I have had the pleasure of doing business with Mike & Linda from Indy Pen Dance. Their great. Also got some bushings from John Goddin to turn between centers. It jus to much fun. I'm a car guy at heart & I drag race. The hot rod hasn't seen the track this year. I just can't quit turning.oh well that's just a little about me. If I can figure out how to post up pics Ill post them latter. Well my wife will she's the computer guru. Latter
RHorne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skamrath1

Welcome from Duncan, Oklahoma. Make sure if you have any questions that you ask. There is a ton of cool cats :cool: on here that will be more than happy to answer

rhorne

Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can. I have been looking through the library and have found a number of things I want to do. I have a smithy metal lathe. I use for my transmission work. I am playing with making bushings. Next I'm going to mess up some metal trying my hand at cutting threads. I may have to just get the taps and dies from mike at Indy pen dance. In 8 short months I've spent more on pens than my race engine. I think I'm OCD. Not really sure but probably.
I want to do segmenting and kitless and..... Does the list ever get any shorter. I use to build model cars competeively and I'm thinking of doing photo etch on a barrel and cast in clear resine. The hot rod pen.
Rhorne

rhorne

Hello everyone. I toke the day off & worked on my race truck. I bent over and my favorite (not that pretty) pen, closed in on both cap and barrel and no clip. Fell out of my pocket and broke. Darned old acrylic. I should have taken it out of my pocket but now I'm heart broken. Well I got a lemon and now I'm gona make me some lemon aid. Good excuse to make a new closed in and take my time and do it right. Well on to better things. Everyone on here has been great. I've been readin in the library on kitless, I need help. I tried a semi kitless and it looks horrible. Frankenstein looks like a GQ model compared to that one. But my wife bless her heart she says oh it's unique. Guys we gotta love our wife's. Even when we make ugle pens they find something good about them. Let hear from everyone that their wife's do that for them.

rhorne

Can someone tell me how to post pictures rather tell my wife lol. She's the comp.guru

Last edited:
Top Bottom