Hello from Houston Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TJR123

New member Terry here saying hello. I am pretty new to pen turning having turned only about 25 wood pens so far. I just today learned an important lesson. Tried my hand at turning an acrylic and after wet sanding and polishing was patting myself on the back because the barrels looked great. Went to assemble the PSI Designer Twist and all went great expcept for the last step mounting the center band. The thing slipped right off the pen. Figured out that I used the wrong bushings!! Oh well lesson learned but I can still show off the pen if no one looks at it real hard. I'll use it for work.:redface:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dbledsoe

I have a lot of work pens. In fact, I'm hoping to someday finish one that I would be comfortable selling.

Welcome to the forum. Great place to learn.

alamocdc

Welcome, Terry! I also turned the PSI Designer when I first got started because I like the design (flattops just don't do it for me). Anyway, even with the right bushings, you will discover (if you haven't already) that the tenon can be tricky. Then I discovered Berea's 8mm Roundtop (Euro). The tenon goes all the way to the tube making it less troublesome.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Welcome from Pearland.
The Greater Houston Area IAP group is having our next meeting September 8 at Ramon's shop in Alvin. Check it out here. We'd love to have you join us.

Top Bottom