newby from Washington

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tlbrooks

New turner here from the great state of Washington, on the wet side. About 4 years ago, my brother-in-law gave me his Jet 1014 lathe with lots of extra goodies, including 25 or 30 pen/pencil kits of various types. Plus all the other extras needed to turn with. Chisels, mandrels, chucks, drill bits, etc., etc. After 4 years I decided to give it a try and I'm hooked! I haven't turned since 9th grade, about 40 years ago. I'm looking forward to gleaning as much info as possible from this and other turning sites. Thanks for all your help so far.

Tom Brooks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hughbie

Tom, you're in Gig Harbor? i have a brother in law that lives in Gig Harbor........wow....small world eh?

btw...welcome....and let me start by calling you one damn lucky stiff......getting all that handed to ya....DAYUM

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
oooo .. hold onto your wallet! :eek:

Welcome aboard.. Feel free to hit the library, but don't hit on the librarian.
He bites. :tongue:

tlbrooks

Thanks for all the support. Not long after this post my hard drive had a terminal malfuntion and died a violent death!! Haven't heard a noise like that since I stepped on the cat's tail.
Had the chance to make about 20 pens and pencils for Christmas gifts and they were loved by all. In fact I've recieved several requests for different pen styles or woods from family and friends. Looks like I'll have enough to keep me busy for the long New Year weekend.
Happy New Year to all!!!

Top Bottom