Newbie here!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Welcome from Central Texas.

Does your Dad do woodworking?

When you get set up and working, don't forget we like pictures.Ray

farisdayoff

Nothing to post yet but I will soon. My lathe is actually up in North Dakota, so I am going home this weekend to retrieve it. :) Dad's been a wood worker for years. He just started turning a year or two ago though. I'm finally in a house that affords me enough room to have a small wood shop so I've been busy building my benches and getting supplied and organized before I start turning.

As for equipment, I'll have a Delta midi. Not sure the model number yet. I've got a nice little delta disc/band sander for squaring. Still shopping for a band saw and a drill press though.

Eventually I'd like to get into casting so when I do I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions for you all!

firewhatfire

What is this organized thing you speak of? How can one turn something in that kind of atmosphere. Welcome from the messy side of turning.

Phil

Nothing to post yet but I will soon. My lathe is actually up in North Dakota, so I am going home this weekend to retrieve it. :) Dad's been a wood worker for years. He just started turning a year or two ago though. I'm finally in a house that affords me enough room to have a small wood shop so I've been busy building my benches and getting supplied and organized before I start turning.

As for equipment, I'll have a Delta midi. Not sure the model number yet. I've got a nice little delta disc/band sander for squaring. Still shopping for a band saw and a drill press though.

Eventually I'd like to get into casting so when I do I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions for you all!

ALA

Welcome from Va. and don't let'em kid ya about organizing. I can remember when my shop was organized! :biggrin:

schreiber

Another welcome from Texas! I'm a noob too - new here and new to turning. I'm having a blast. I'm sure you will too.

What is this organized thing you speak of? How can one turn something in that kind of atmosphere. Welcome from the messy side of turning.

Phil

Don't get me started on messy. I believe I can out-messy just about anyone. With very little effort.

Top Bottom