Newbie from Dallas area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello!!!
I'm Don, from the Dallas, Texas area.

I've been lurking for a few months before I finally decided to join. I learned about this website from a nice lady I met in WoodWorld in Dallas, so I'll "blame" her for all the time I spend combing through the different forums on here.

I've been turning pens since December '08 and quickly became addicted. I have pictures of most of my pens, but can't figure out (yet) how to get them from my computer to this website...I'm sure it's here somewhere.

One thing I've noticed that is common here...Passion. I am AMAZED at some of the turnings I've seen from members here.

A few other comments/observations:

Rollerbob: I moved to Athens in 1980 and my parents still live there...we need to talk...:wink:

Hank: I have read and re-read and will read again those newbie posts because there is a lot of great information there...thanks

Ed and Dawn: WOW...just WOW...awesome selection of pen blanks...

Gary Max, YoYoSpin, Skiprat, Greeneyedblackcat: WOW, you are very talented...when I grow up I want to be like you...

Thank you all for sharing your lessons learned and tid bits of knowledge. I know one thing for sure...If I have a question/problem, the answer/solution is here.

I look forward to learning more.

WOW...look at that, I successfully uploaded an picture and didn't crash the site...

Attachments

• img_4216 (3).jpg
    img_4216 (3).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Longfellow

Welcome

Welcome from Sunny St. Cloud, Fla. Home of beautiful Florida wood.
You can attach pics using the "Attach Files" selection in the Additional Options area beneath your message. Click reply to this message and you will see what I am talking about.

Attachments

• Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 138

Rollerbob

Hello!!!
I'm Don, from the Dallas, Texas area.

I've been lurking for a few months before I finally decided to join. I learned about this website from a nice lady I met in WoodWorld in Dallas, so I'll "blame" her for all the time I spend combing through the different forums on here.

I've been turning pens since December '08 and quickly became addicted. I have pictures of most of my pens, but can't figure out (yet) how to get them from my computer to this website...I'm sure it's here somewhere.

One thing I've noticed that is common here...Passion. I am AMAZED at some of the turnings I've seen from members here.

A few other comments/observations:

Rollerbob: I moved to Athens in 1980 and my parents still live there...we need to talk...:wink:

Hank: I have read and re-read and will read again those newbie posts because there is a lot of great information there...thanks

Ed and Dawn: WOW...just WOW...awesome selection of pen blanks...

Gary Max, YoYoSpin, Skiprat, Greeneyedblackcat: WOW, you are very talented...when I grow up I want to be like you...

Thank you all for sharing your lessons learned and tid bits of knowledge. I know one thing for sure...If I have a question/problem, the answer/solution is here.

I look forward to learning more.
Don, first of all, the worst thing you can do is make a public announcement that you lived in Athens, Texas!:eek: Chances are the IAP board will either ask for your immediate resignation or require you to send each member a pen blank!!:beat-up: Glad to have you here to help me send blanks!!:biggrin: A PM is on the way.

Don, Welcome aboard :) Where did you get that screen name ? I think I'll just call U GGM for short :rolleyes: Any problems here on IAP you may just want to ask Rollerbob for the answers, he knows everything :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Nice to meet you and keep on turning>>>>>>>>>>>GEBC :cat:

bgibb42

First of all, welcome to you Don. Love the screen name.

Don, Welcome aboard :) Where did you get that screen name ?

Don't know where he got it, but many years ago in Atlanta, we had one of those crazy car salesmen/announcers that did a lot of radio and TV commercials. You know the ones that scream at you? He used that phrase in all of his commercials.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Glad you joined. Welcome. I think I will be in Arlington TX in early October. I don't think that is too far from Dallas. Maybe I can look you up.

wow...thanks for the warm reception...that's what I like about this place.

GEBC...GGM is just fine...I'm used to it...I use this handle quite a bit. YOU, Sir have way too much talent bottled up in you...WOW, I like looking at your creations. Mine are only sparks to your towering inferno...:)

just in case anyone is wondering...I'm not that Atlanta car salesman. But the screen name comes from Caddyshack...

Greg...If I get to visit WoodWorld during the week, it's usually right at closing time. Mostly spend long hours on Saturdays.

Arlington is prettly close...I think they have a few football complex there, but I may be thinking of somewhere else.

:biggrin:

Paul
PM me their names, I might know them. I do know some Huffmans here. Is your DIL a teacher?

Thanks, Mark...the LOML and I want to come to Scotland for a visit...she's been once and wants to go back.

Thanks, Cathy and John...I've noticed both your work too. Lots of talent.

Last edited:

Paul in OKC

Paul
PM me their names, I might know them. I do know some Huffmans here. Is your DIL a teacher?

Thanks, Mark...the LOML and I want to come to Scotland for a visit...she's been once and wants to go back.

Thanks, Cathy and John...I've noticed both your work too. Lots of talent.

Yes she is. Son is Adam, her name is Shari. She is the ag teacher in the Garland High School system.

Top Bottom