Learking in the wings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi everyone, I have been reading and learning form all of you out there.
I was in sales all my life, retired about 3 years ago. I took an intro turning class in march. Made two pens in 3 hrs. and have been hooked ever since
I saw a corian pen and have been turning mostly them. Made about 120 so far
I bouth my first 12 cut and drilled, then started doing it all myself. I found a free pen will get you all the scrap you need.
I want to branch off into better kits and pens but haven yet.
I have been invited to a rock and gem show in late sept, but need more stock. I can't seem to get it up above 35 pcs. because they sell that well for me. I'll be 70 in Oct and hope to keep turning for the next 20 years or so

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pentex

Welcome Frank, I also retired from sales about 5 years ago and been turning pens for a couple of years. I do about three shows a year and sell quite a few. I am 72 and looking for about 20 more years also. Good luck with your pen turning and pen sales.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome Frank, from Ohio. Don't hesitate to post pictures. I for one really enjoy seeing others work. Gives me some great ideas.
Mike

Thanks for all the incouragement. I have to laugh because I used to sell import pens sinluar to the ones I now make, and would pass them out to my custamers at xmas

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Frank. Enjoy this madness, join in the fun and show some picts of the work as it develops. I too started with the cut and drilled. I think I did 4 or 5 and then started the journey of drilling my own! :)

nava1uni

Welcome from San Francisco, CA. Isn't pen turning fun? You can get real nice wood from people here. I buy most of my wood here. Certainly is less expensive then other places.

markgum

Welcome from the Central Valley. I, like Cindy, get most of my wood from people here, less expensive, and always top quality.

ldb2000

Welcome to the group Frank . I like working with Corian too , it's a great material for making pens . The guys at the kitchen remodelers that I got mine from use the sink cut-outs for making cutting boards but a few pens and I now have an ample supply of Corian .

Top Bottom