New Turner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fisher

Im from Buford Ga area.I've gotten myself into a mess .This pen turning is addictive Hobby.
Im still in the learning curve .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glen r

Welcome from Alberta, Canada and like Mark stated, keep the credit card handy. You had also figure on some sort of storage system for the kits and blanks and cut-offs. Very little gets thrown away.

fisher

Welcome from Ohio. Enjoy, and keep the credit card handy. :)

Mark (I love my carbs) James :eek:

I've already made a big order from Penn State .Lot's of different style pen's .I have plenty of exotic wood's .I make my own Blank's.Gonna match the grain top and bottom of pen as soon as i cut some more blank's.
Told the wife i need a dedicated credit card for disposable money for my new Hobby.She say's if that's what i want it's okay with her .
Can't wait to really dig into this hobby .

fisher

Welcome from Alberta, Canada and like Mark stated, keep the credit card handy. You had also figure on some sort of storage system for the kits and blanks and cut-offs. Very little gets thrown away.

All wood is used in some way .form or shape .There is no throw away's with me .Im working on origination of my supply pen material and so on .

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas. Sounds like you have a great wife too! Be sure to make her something every couple of weeks.

fisher

I did make her a slimline pen & pencil set she enjoys.
Also made her a jewish star out of wood .last week
This will keep her happy for a bit ,she don't expect much .
After 27 yr.'s of marriage it all fall's in place .
:biggrin::biggrin:

southernclay

Welcome from Dawsonville! We have a Georgia meeting March 15 at Woodcraft, come meet a bunch of the local folks. I made my first meeting in December and it was great.
Warren

plano_harry

Welcome from Texas! Be careful - this hobby will take all of your money. I sell all the pens I can so I feel like I am breaking even.:rolleyes:

Harry

endacoz

welcome from another new Turner

Welcome! Yes I try to keep the credit card number not saved into the tablet so I can't spontaneously make impulse orders... (As often)

Post some pictures of your work.

Top Bottom