New tool ( toy )

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tclem76

Well now that I've had this a couple of months I'm starting to try and learn a little more about it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 349
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tclem76

I've engraved a few pens but need to get a good program to interface it with. Just using Microsoft word right now and learning power and speed setting for different woods.

low_48

Corel draw is considered the industry standard software for engraving. i don't think it is a direct plug and play with Chinese lasers though. When are you going to remove the paper from the plexiglas, or have you already?

Tclem76

Corel draw is considered the industry standard software for engraving. i don't think it is a direct plug and play with Chinese lasers though. When are you going to remove the paper from the plexiglas, or have you already?

Well this laser is from Las Vegas not China and this laser can use Corel draw. Paper has been removed as prior post I stated I've engraved some pens already

low_48

Well this laser is from Las Vegas not China and this laser can use Corel draw. Paper has been removed as prior post I stated I've engraved some pens already

It is manufactured and made from parts made in Las Vegas? Sorry, I thought it was manufactured in China. It sure looks like all the other little machines made in China.

Last edited:

Tclem76

It is manufactured and made from parts made in Las Vegas? Sorry, I thought it was manufactured in China. It sure looks like all the other little machines made in China.

They are in Vegas. It is pretty simple to use ( knock on wood). I am actually jut using Microsoft word ( until I save enough for Corel )connected via either network cable or usb and print straight to the engraver.

MerleE

Actually these are assembled, sold and supported by a company in Las Vegas. They also add there one control board and software. However, they are still considered a "Chinese Laser" as most of the parts are manufactured in China. Not that they are not good, I personally own a smaller/older FS Laser and it has done me good! One thing that differentiates a US laser, is that they normally don't use the glass tube laser source, and they cost alot more! The other big thing is customer service, I know I have read bad about FS Laser but so far whenever I have had to contact them (only three times so far) they were prompt, courteous, and very knowledgeable.

As far as use, to those of you who haven't used them, You create your design in any Windows program, and then use the print driver to send it to the laser control software Retina Engrave, which is specifically designed for these lasers by FS Laser themselves. In that software is where you make all your speed and power settings.

I have never used CorelDraw, as Inkscape has served me very well. Inkscape is an open-source project, free to download and use. It may be just a little less user-friendly than CorelDraw but not a whole lot.

Anyways, keep us posted on your projects! I am sure you will have fun with that little thing, I have found mine very useful and fun to use....

Tclem76

Actually these are assembled, sold and supported by a company in Las Vegas. They also add there one control board and software. However, they are still considered a "Chinese Laser" as most of the parts are manufactured in China. Not that they are not good, I personally own a smaller/older FS Laser and it has done me good! One thing that differentiates a US laser, is that they normally don't use the glass tube laser source, and they cost alot more! The other big thing is customer service, I know I have read bad about FS Laser but so far whenever I have had to contact them (only three times so far) they were prompt, courteous, and very knowledgeable.

As far as use, to those of you who haven't used them, You create your design in any Windows program, and then use the print driver to send it to the laser control software Retina Engrave, which is specifically designed for these lasers by FS Laser themselves. In that software is where you make all your speed and power settings.

I have never used CorelDraw, as Inkscape has served me very well. Inkscape is an open-source project, free to download and use. It may be just a little less user-friendly than CorelDraw but not a whole lot.

Anyways, keep us posted on your projects! I am sure you will have fun with that little thing, I have found mine very useful and fun to use....
Yea. Their site says "assembled" but it isn't one of the $399 dollar ebay specials from 1000000 miles away. But my budget would allow a $10000 engraver and everything I read about these was pretty good. Of course you always have the bad review on anything. (Except my pens. Lol )I'm glad you mentioned Inkscape. I may have to try that and see how it works for me.
Luckily I have only needed to contact them a couple of times also and they replied right away.

Top Bottom