New Rebel XTI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddo

Hi folks;

I picked up a new camera today, a Canon Rebel XTI. Am hoping this does better than the little Nikon I've been using. I have a huge pile of pens here to photograph and will put up some shots once I get some practice in working this thing.

Is anyone else using this camera and have any tips or tricks?

Thanks much!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jckossoy

I have the Rebel XT. Just take your time and experiment. Now that you have this camera, be prepared the joy of spending a lot of extra money on the various lenses. Most of the lenses that I want (I also do portrait and event photography) cost as much or more than the camera itself[:(]. Worth it if you want to become an avid photographer.

Kol Tov,

toolcrazy

I didn't buy the Cannon, I opted for the Pentax K100D it came with a 18x55 lens and I bought a 50x100 lens for $200 bucks (ouch). DSLR's have a steep learning curve and you can spend a lifetime learning. I'm still trying to figure mine out.

kiddo

Last pic with old camera. I guess I just like the composition on this shot. Contributes nothing to the group, but oh well.

20073665639_c1.jpg

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Hey, I got the same (Pentax K100D) for Christmas. Love it, but still trying to figure out what all those knobs and buttons are for though :)

Originally posted by toolcrazy
<br />I didn't buy the Cannon, I opted for the Pentax K100D it came with a 18x55 lens and I bought a 50x100 lens for $200 bucks (ouch). DSLR's have a steep learning curve and you can spend a lifetime learning. I'm still trying to figure mine out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom