New pieces from my jewelry line

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

granted I consider the pens I make jewelry too, but here are some cuff links.

Bog Oak with Bronze backs
Blue Glass with Bronze backs

I did have to adjust the pics slightly, knocking the brightness down a bit as the background was obnoxiously white.

Attachments

• ;jl 007.jpg
    ;jl 007.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 241
  • ;jl 002.jpg
    ;jl 002.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

Neat, i have about 25 silver plated hardware cuff links, but have not started working on them yet. After seeing yours i might just start getting some done. Very nice. Carl

Day Com has some unique cuff link hardware I just wish I knew where one could purchase it. I have made probably 35 pair and glue the hardware to the back but I like the looks of the daycom. Just keep making the way I always have.

LeeR

I did have to adjust the pics slightly, knocking the brightness down a bit as the background was obnoxiously white.

I hate to admit it, but the last pen picture I took, I used a gray sweatshirt for a neutral background.

BTW -- nice cuff links. I remember getting a set of nice cuff links as a kid from my grandfather. Most kids would not probably be too thrilled with such a gift, but for some reason I thought they were pretty cool (and we are talking late 50s). Haven't had a shirt with French cuffs in maybe 20 years ...

Russianwolf

Thanks guys. I was looking at different ways to use scraps and this is just one of the things I've followed. Needed something for the men after all.

Day Com has some unique cuff link hardware I just wish I knew where one could purchase it. I have made probably 35 pair and glue the hardware to the back but I like the looks of the daycom. Just keep making the way I always have.

Timberbits has them and he is a nice person to eal with

http://timberbits.com/pen-kits/craft-items-cufflinkkits-c-7_66.html

Not bad, but I'm insisting on solid metals, no platings. I'm going to making some hinged ones that are Sterling, but they will be pricier for obvious reasons. Maybe a gold set if I find the right buyer. :rolleyes:

fernhills

Thanks guys. I was looking at different ways to use scraps and this is just one of the things I've followed. Needed something for the men after all.

Not bad, but I'm insisting on solid metals, no platings. I'm going to making some hinged ones that are Sterling, but they will be pricier for obvious reasons. Maybe a gold set if I find the right buyer. :rolleyes:

Well you know that solid sterling will tarnish, platings will not, Thats why they use platings. There is no such thing as sterling platings. Just some thoughts. Carl

Russianwolf

Well you know that solid sterling will tarnish, platings will not, Thats why they use platings. There is no such thing as sterling platings. Just some thoughts. Carl

And with the cleaners we have available today, tarnish isn't an issue, but plating flaking off is. And As Smitty mentioned, although not a major component of our air mixture, sulphur tarnishes pure silver.

Top Bottom