new members are welcome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dennisg

I just heard from Coolbreeze in OP. He was inquiring about our meetings. He tells me he has 4 pen turners in Orange Park interested in our Chapter. I extended an invite and also susgested this venue. Next meeting is Jan 26. Spread the word. We have a drill sharpening demo scheduled. Anyone else want to do a demo. I'm told the Drill Doctor demo is quite simple and doesn't require much time. Grass Scratcher, can you bring some of you blanks. I'm sure everyone would like to see more of your work. dennis

No problem on blanks I will have plenty. Keith (VisExp) is going to turn one of the group poured demo blanks and bottlestoppers, from the casting demo, so we can see how they turned out. The second stopper and pen blank I thought we could put up in a raffle or some such.

Also, isn't Keith doing the closed end pen turning demo in January?

VisExp

Also, isn't Keith doing the closed end pen turning demo in January?

Yes, I'll be doing a demo on turning a closed end pen.

We had our Woodturning Club Christmas Turn-a-round yesterday and I spoke to a couple of members there who expressed an interest in coming to the IAP N.E. Florida Chapter meetings.

Charles and I are also going to be bringing some pen blanks for a raffle/blank swap. If anyone else wants to do the same that would be great.

dennisg

I had forgotten about those plans. I've been having memory problems for the last couple years. Something you guys can look forward to. If half the folks who expressed an interest attend the meeting we'll have a nice crowd. btw, I turned my first PR blank, one made with coffeee beans. It was really nice. My brother in law, the coffee nut, is the proud owner. Merry Christmas, dennis

Top Bottom