Great demo at Jan. meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dennisg

We had a nice turnout for our gathering last evening. Keith taught us how to turn closed end pens. A really great demo. Bobby showed us the ins and outs of using the drill doctor. Feb. 23 is our next get together. We have a couple of CA finish demos planned. My understanding is we both have a different process. Bring a couple turned and sanded blanks along with your bushings and learn about the CA process.
Bobby is incharge of our entry in to the Contest amongst the local chapters. If you would like to help out contact him.
I learned a lot last night, make plans to join us in Feb. dennis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I went home after the meeting and sat down with my Drill Dr, and sure enough the problem was in how I was aligning it and that I was using the instructions 6 passes per side. I think I am going to take some red paint and mark the collet and the recievers so I will be able to line them up without fighting with it or thinking too much about it.

brewtang

Troops Pens

I waned to mention this last night, but forgot. The turner's club has started working on Turn for the Troops for next year already. We have plenty of kits if anyone wants to sign some out and work on them. We have already gotten 100 finished back. With this kind of a start, we should be able to easily surpass last year's total. Also, for those of you that turned pens this year, we have gotten several cards and letters of thanks from recipients. We'd be happy to show them to you if anyone wants to read them. Thanks!
Billy

skewed

Ditto what Dennis said. Great demos. Really enjoyed my first meeting and looking forward to the next.

Note for Dennis: Something is wrong with my mirrors here at home, and I thought I was much slimmer. I need to swap the large shirt I bought at the meeting for an extra large, if you still have one at the next meeting.

Larry

Top Bottom