New kits at PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

also the middle one is missing something down near the point.

that is because they dont have quality people assembling their pens for them:biggrin: It sorta goes back to what Drstrangefart is talking about with the government and stupidity:eek:

Maybe or maybe not. The middle one has a different finial too. The part holding the ring on the outside two is spherical, but the middle one is more like a post.

On the page with just the gold one, the piece is there.:rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

I was just looking at the links John U posted, check out the center band under their magnifier, it is crooked on both sides if the center band. Is that a manufacturing "snafu"
or off center when assembled? No criticism just curious.

jhprice

Snowbeast said:
Maybe I'm a bit old school when it comes to car parts, but I thought shocks looked more like this...
These PSI things look like struts on newer cars.

Just an attempt to make something car related for a friend to give to her mechanic. Too many problems with this one to give away to anybody. Maybe the next one.:biggrin:

That is pretty sharp.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Just my opinion, but this makes a thought spring to mind...they have to copy their ideas from someplace..you guys are not being quick enough with new ideas, so they went to the car magazine..

A few years ago I bought a pen like this from a car catalog. It was made of all metal and being a car guy I thought it was different. It does feel like garbage in your hand when trying to write with it but it looks cool sitting on my desk. But then again I have an alternator rotor from a 70's vintage Norton on my desk as a paper weight.

BSea

Maybe I'm a bit old school when it comes to car parts, but I thought shocks looked more like this...
These PSI things look like struts on newer cars.

Just an attempt to make something car related for a friend to give to her mechanic. Too many problems with this one to give away to anybody. Maybe the next one.:biggrin:
Now that is a cool pen. And your right, the PSI one resembles a strut.

Back to the PSI pen: I'm apparently in the minority here in the fact that I don't hate it. I might buy 1 . . . . . . . but just 1. I can't think of anyone besides myself that would want one. But that's because I installed a lift on my Toyota FJ complete with new struts. I would then mod it to look like the struts on my vehicle. But I just can't see a big market for these. But maybe they don't need a big market, just a niche.

Last edited:

Turned Around

the style of the new kit does look like the shocks on my bike (the pic's below), so i can see where they're getting the idea, but like a couple of you have said, it would look better if reversed and hade the spring on top.

IMAG0278.jpg

Parson

It seems like they advertise before they get the stock.

This is frustrating for guys like us who want to purchase something the second we see it, but from a business standpoint, it's the smart way to go.

I start advertising books my org. publishes six months before it comes out. That way, when it's available sales are strong and the R&D costs are covered in the first months, not the first two years.

Turned Around

Turned around, that's a very cool looking bike. I love the alligator seat!

thanks, took me a while to get it the way i like it. since you're in houston, at some point, you'll probably see me cruising around whent he weather gets like it is today. i go everywhere on that thing when it's nice out.

Russianwolf

also the middle one is missing something down near the point.

that is because they dont have quality people assembling their pens for them:biggrin: It sorta goes back to what Drstrangefart is talking about with the government and stupidity:eek:

Maybe or maybe not. The middle one has a different finial too. The part holding the ring on the outside two is spherical, but the middle one is more like a post.

On the page with just the gold one, the piece is there.:rolleyes:

Okay, I'm Not sure which piece you are talking about now.:confused:

Two things on the Gold one that I noticed are different than the other two.

1)The nib end, inside the spring is threaded. The other two aren't threaded and are longer at that spot.

and

2) the finial end of the cap. The gold one has a cylindrical post with a hole in it. the other two have a spherical post with a hole in it.

One may have been a prototype or they have two different kits available. [shrugs]

Mapster

All I am going to say is they have to keep trying new stuff to see how it turns out and how much people like it. Also, I would love to have a black enamel with carbon fiber or a gunmetal with stainless steel braided hose on my car keychain. It all depends on the use and the look you are going for.

titan2

Here's my problem with this new kit, well two problems:

1. No clip! It's a guy's pen all the way around, but has an eye hole for a chain? Come on!

2. I'm betting the thing is awful feeling in the hand. Who wants to push a pen around with a spring on it right at the area where you grip it? They should have turned the design upside down.

Yep, turn it around and make it a 'Click' pen!!!

Barney

DurocShark

I think the "shock" (yeah, they should be called struts, but whatev) pens are an excellent idea. Great for gifts to gearheads, mechanics, etc.

They screwed up though... Stupid things use MINI refills!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I posted some I made in the SOYP forum. One thing was kinda cool... The spring can actually be compressed.

Top Bottom