New guy from Western NY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dwarmbrodt

Hello all! My name is Doug and I live in Rochester, NY. I am a manufacturers representative in the law enforcement and shooting sports products market full time, and a Special Police officer and private investigator (in Maryland). Also an amateur gunsmith specializing in restoring and refinishing military firearms. Anyone need steel parts parkerized, let me know.
So how did I get here? Nothing to do with any of the above. My son and myself started building custom fishing rods. Blanks, guide wrapping and cork handles. Well, to do custom cork handles, i needed a lathe. Found a Jet 1014vs on Craigslist, and when I picked it up the lady said here is a box of pen making tools I never got to use. Chuck, pen vice, pen press, mandrel.... I really didnt see this coming. Here I am. Got a cheap kit and turned my first pen. Came out bad, but I may still post a pic here today. It can only get better, right?
Thanks in advance to all, as I am sure I will need advice. Often.
Doug

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff_in_AZ

Welcome from Arizona! Turning pens is a lot of fun
and a great way to spend time with your son. I've been
turning pens with my son since December and we've
been having a blast.

jeff

Dick Mahany

Hey Doug,

Welcome! This is a very good place with much to learn. Be sure to check out the library.......best in class. I'm originally from Webster/ Ontario and those ice storms will give you lots of good pen blank material :rolleyes: ! Enjoy it here.

Top Bottom